Chinese-Forums

Middle name missing in visa on passport

laksithakumara

It can be. I assume your middle name is on your passport? If you have time, perhaps go to the visa office to ask them to fix this. If you did write your name on your application correctly, they should solve this issue.

Hello Lu

Thank you for your reply. yes, my passport has a middle name. I make a visa via visa consultation company. my chines visa on my passport. I ask consultation company about that but they said embassy write the name without a middle name because of no space to write a full name. and they said chines visa system have a full name. but I scared this can be a problem for me 

visa full name  LAKSITHA SENANAYAKA MUDIYANSELAGE

Passport surname SENANAYAKA MUDIYANSELAGE

passport othername LAKSITHA VASANTHA KUMARA

I try to contact the embassy but they not answer.

Thanks

Yes, absolutely this can be a big problem.  These days China insists that foreigners' names be correct and always match exactly.  They might be right about it being in the system, but I would definitely check.  You do have quite a long name and the explanation sounds OK, but still.  Just because some Chinese embassy says so doesn't mean the Immigration officer at the border will accept it.  

What are you going to do? Are you a student, or a tourist, or...?

I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. There's a good reason, the embassy has explained why, it'll be obvious to anyone who looks that you have a very long name. You won't be the first person to have come across the border in these circumstances, and the border guard is unlikely to second-guess the embassy which has pasted the visa into your passport.

Even if there is going to be a problem, there's nothing you can do about it now if the embassy don't care. You'll just have to wait and see what happens and deal with any problems as they arise. 

Is it common in your country to have a very long name like yours? If so, there is a good chance the embassy has experience with this and it's indeed not a problem. Perhaps you can ask the agency (if they pick up the phone) whether this happens more often.

I'm travelling to China for tourist purpose. yes in my country most people have a long name. my full name has a 49 character but only type 33 character. they write my name also with small font size compare to other text on a visa. honestly, there is no space to write to another missing part of my name. but still feel scared how they react for this one. I try to find out the people who have a long name but until now couldn't find. look like there is nothing can do for me now. only can watch face if any problem comes up 

I will write my experience once I went to the china

Looking back at my old visas ... from the time I had visas ... none of them have my middle name or even my full name. They’re all an initial and surname. 

My name is fairly long for an English name but not as as long as the OP. It’s a mere 23 letters but it still gets cut off on most things in China. 

My residence permits all include full name (first, middle, last). 

• Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...