Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Andra C

BFSU off-campus accommodation

Recommended Posts

Andra C

Hello, all!


My name is Andra and I am going to pursue an exchange program at the Beijing Foreign Studies University next year. As far as I have heard, you have to share the dorm with other 3 people or at least one person and you have no private bathroom.

I am not willing to share a bathroom or an apartment. Do you have any recommendations in terms of companies I can contact? I found ZIROOM and their apartments look very convenient, but I have no idea how far from the University are they. Any advice would be welcomed.


Thank you in advance!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.


BFSU is near Wei Gong Cun subway station on line 4 and just on stop south of the Ren Min University subway stop.


If searching for BFSU accommodation advice hasn’t yielded good results then you could just search for options near Remin University. It’s a bigger more popular University so likely has more info (there’s probably a thread on here about it). Then, for you especially, just look for accommodation/apartments that are nearer Remin subway station or south of it. That way you could take the subway one stop and walk or just ride a bicycle to school (very common). You might also find some accommodation options talked about in the context of Remin are actually right near your place.


Ziroon is just a room letting agency/company. They seem to specialise in split / shared apartments where you get your own room but share the apartment. In your post it seems like you want a whole apartment to yourself. Note that this will likely be quite costly (5000+ a month RMB). 


It’s highly likely any housing/letting agent near your University or Renmin will be able to help you find a shared apartment or a one bedroom one. The biggest two are 我爱我家 and Homelink. They undoubtably have offices near there. 


Really, you cannot find apartments in China until you’re in China. Agency photos online are often fake (just “examples”) or edited. You should just book a hotel near your University for 1 week before any kind of registration/Uni stuff starts and take that week to apartment hunt. 


Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...