Chinese-Forums

Any Turkish People Here?

woshilara

Are there any Turkish people who are studying in China right now or planning to apply for the 2019-2020 CSC scholarship, or people who have studied in China? I have some questions I'd like to ask about the application process and interviews.

By the way, I don't know where exactly I should be posting this thread, I hope it's in the right place. I'm sorry if it isn't!

Hello'

I cant tell but from my perspective.  I didn't take any interview. 

I don't think the is favoritism from the chinese govt council. They literally do not know you.

If its happens that there is it might be from host university.

But i doubt it.

Maybe some schools conduct interviews but mine didnt. Just submitted my document and waited till i was contacted

• Like 1

I don't know the situation vis-a-vis Turkish citizens, but for the past couple of years or so, foreigners with Turkish stamps in their passports have sometimes had difficulty getting Chinese visas or been questioned entering China.

The problem seems to come and go, but you should at least be aware that Turkish connections are sometimes an issue for China these days.

• Like 1

Hi, I was about to comment the same as 889. Turkish people seems to have problems with getting the Chinese visa

On 12/17/2018 at 8:04 AM, woshilara said:

the interviewing part

In my country there is no interviewing part as part of the process, but I am imagining there might be in your country because of the fragile Turkey-China relations, maybe?

Anyway, good luck!

• Like 1

@philippo On the website of Turkey's MOE, it says that the scholarship commissionary will do the interview, so yeah the favouritism won't be from the universities or from China. 

@889 Yeah I've heard about that. Hopefully, everything will be fine.

@GabrielaVD I wish there weren't an interviewing part here either. But I guess they do interviews cause there are many people applying for it, I suppose, I don't know really.