Chinese-Forums

Award Letter

Marcela

Hi

The award letter is a document that says you are eligible to apply for CGScholarship and it is given to you by your local embassy once they aprove you to be a candidate to get it. In other words, you can only get it once your local embassy aproves your aplication and sends the letter to you, or even later, when you are already awarded the scholarship in late july.

• Helpful 1

5 hours ago, Marcela said:

let's say they only give me the letter in July, it means I cannot apply for a pre-admission letter for a university, right

I wouldnt know, maybe try to explain the situation to whoever asked you for the award letter? I dont know why would they ask you for it, I am sure they know its too early for anyone to have it. I myself have also already sent some emails to ask for an admission letter, I havent had any reply so far,  but I was thinking they would only ask me for the application number. I would say, if you really want to get into your target university, to keep trying asking for pre admission letter with other contacts at the university, but if its not so important to you, its not an essential requirement to apply for the scholarship.

Good luck!

On 12/21/2018 at 12:35 AM, Marcela said:

Thank you! So, let's say they only give me the letter in July, it means I cannot apply for a pre-admission letter for a university, right?

You will need the letter before the university scholarship deadline. It is asked by universities when you apply for "pre-admission letter" once you submit that along with the documents university provides a pre-admission letter (it means you already admitted and just need to wait for final results from CSC).

• 1 month later...

Hi Marcela, actually you can get the pre-admission letters before you get the scholarship or after you get the scholarship. I won the CSC scholarship in the year 2016-17 for a 1 year Chinese language studies. During my time(2016-17), you're highly recommend to get the pre-admission letter when applying for the CSC scholarship through the embassy route(type A), it may help or increase your chance in winning the scholarship. On the other hand, in the year 2017-18, there seems to be a change in policy where the embassy didn't give out award letter anymore and my friend that gets the scholarship last year told me pre-admission letter is now a requirement when applying for the scholarship. So, try to get the pre-admission letter as soon as possible when applying through the embassy.Good luck !