Chinese-Forums

Italki teachers

hong long

5 minutes ago, suMMit said:

Sorry, but NO. You are wrong. Not if you decide to use Italki or a similar service.

Wrong based on....? The law? No. The website Terms and Services? Maybe, but that is a measured risk I can take as a teacher or student. The unexplained morals of the guy who called me a "snowflake" on Chinese-Forums? Yeah... This is going nowhere and is getting way off track, I've voiced my concern that these sites take too high a commission (especially Preply), and you've voiced your concern that I'm an unethical snowflake, I don't really have anything else to add unless people have specific questions about how the platforms work. 

36 minutes ago, suMMit said:

Are you suggesting Chinese teachers are poor? They need  charity?

I was talking about one teacher — my teacher — and using "they" as a gender-neutral pronoun.

Chill out.

I think all of you can now stop the discussion of how ethical or unethical it is to meet a teacher on a platform and then move the classes off-platform. You have all said your piece and not convinced each other. Now please move on to more constructive conversation about these platforms (or to other forums threads altogether, that's fine too).

• Like 3