Chinese-Forums

University or Language Academy

geniel 珍妮

Hi,

I've been considering to study in the mainland for like a semester. I did a two-week study tour program in Yunnan Businees and Technology University last May 2018, and I like the experience so much; however, we didn't really do a real Chinese class because there were only 4 of us and I think it was pilot program between YTBU and my university so we mostly did field trips and activities. I'm a university student and finishing this April 2019, so I'm thinking to apply directly to a university in China for chinese language program instead of applying an exchange program thru my university. The university that i wanna to apply is yunda because it's within the city and I knew someone who studied there that could help me if I get admitted in. As I was doing my little research, I read from an old post here that it's better to take classes in an private Academy because the stuff that the Academy teaches are more applied in real-life situations. So I started to wonder if I should just apply in Academy. However, there would be alot of hassles with housing and visa(?). So can you advise me whether going to uni or Academy would be better??

Thank you all.