Chinese-Forums

China pollen calendar

china_travel

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I hope it is ok that I am posting to this forum because I just have a travel related question.

We want to travel to china this spring and because I am allergic to birch, hazel and ash-tree pollen and I would like to avoid the peak flowering time of these trees.

I can't find helpful resources on this in English so I wanted to ask if someone knows Chinese sites that provide a pollen calendar similar like here: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/health/public/pollen-forecast (flowering times might differ for different regions in China I guess? We will be in Beijing + area, Shanghai + area and in Yunnan district)

I am happy about any help, thank you!

Greetings, 

Peter

3 hours ago, china_travel said:

...flowering times might differ for different regions in China I guess?

Yes, you are right. The farther south you go, the earlier trees and shrubs flower in the spring. In Yunnan it also depends to some extent about whether you are up in the mountains (like in Lijiang and Shangri-La) or at a lower elevation (like Kunming or Yuanyang.) As a possibly-useful reference point, the cherry trees begin booming in Kunming in mid to late February. I don't have a specific calendar of likely times for the trees you are most concerned about. 

• Helpful 2