Chinese-Forums

Help requested with translation of characters

foxfirerodandgun

• New Members

Can someone please translate these characters as to dynasty, title, and author? My reason for asking is that I have a set of 4 Asian pictures that appear to have been painted on silk, or a similar fabric, which have what I believe to be a title, artist name, and dynasty,  painted on the front of each one in the lower, right, corner. They are in very good condition and are mounted in what appears to be bamboo frames and seem to be somewhat old. Many Thanks.

1-DSC_2684.JPG

1-DSC_2689.JPG

1-DSC_2693.JPG

1-DSC_2697.JPG

• New Members

Here are the images. Please excuse the reflections in the glass. They were quickly done with a point & shoot. sm04.gif Also, after a closer examination, they appear to be prints/paintings rather than any type of paintings on cloth. I'll have to upload each one seperatly because of their size.

1-DSCN0823.JPG

• Like 1

These are mass-produced replicas of Japanese paintings. The characters (minus the seal) are periods and titles.

鎌倉期 Kamakura period (1185-1333) 小鷹狩 Kotakagari -- Japanese falconry using small hawks or falcons

江戸期 Edo period (1603-1868) 重陽 Chōyō -- Double Ninth (the 9th day of the 9th lunar month)

平安期 Heian period (794-1185) 蹴鞠 Kemari -- Japanese ball game modeled on Cuju, an ancient Chinese ball game and the earliest form of football

江戸期 Edo period (1603-1868) 居待月 Imachidzuki -- the moon of the 18th day (especially of the 8th month) in the lunar calendar

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Thank you so very much. Are the red characters the seal that you mentioned? If so are they someones signature, or do they indicate something else? A translation of them would also be very helpful. I have attached a picture of another one. Many thanks.

1-DSCN0826.JPG