Chinese-Forums

Here is what you are aspiring to...

roddy

Well, maybe. But I figured everyone slaving over HSK2 might be interested to see where their studies could take them: A €112,278 job as Professor of Chinese Studies at the department of Linguistic, Speech, & Communication Sciences, Trinity College Dublin.

It is essential that the successful candidate is an internationally recognized scholar, with an excellent publication profile, a record of raising research funding, fluency in Mandarin and literacy in written Chinese, as well as extensive experience in mentoring of academic staff and recruitment and supervision of research students.

Back to your books, folks...

Thanks, as so often, to the BACS mailing list.

• Like 3

I don't care if they are a native Chinese speaker or not, I just want them to start day-1 of every class with "[insert subject] 理论是什么?"

Followed by a dramatic pause, a couple fingers to the chin while lowering your head to look at the ground in thought. Then, a quick look across the class as they begin, all while making swiping strokes with chalk in hand to really drive home the points.

Literally, day-1 of every single Chinese university class I ever took.

• Like 1