Chinese-Forums

Received JW202. Got new passport. Got visa on the new passport. Visa and Jw202 now have different passport numbers. Will this be a problem at customs in Shanghai?

biasedphillyperson

• New Members

Long story short, I received my JW202 and acceptance letter from Fudan U about a month ago. Then, my mom lost my passport so I had to get a new one, which I did. I then applied for a visa on the new passport, and got one. But, my JW202 and visa now have different passport numbers, even though theyre both me, but one is from an old passport and one is from a new passport. Is it dangerous to enter China with a weird issue like this, even if the forms are all valid? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am no expert on visas but from what i have gleaned over the years from similar topics here is that yes, it does matter.

Is your original passport lost in the sense that you just haven't looked everywhere for it and I mean absolutely everywhere? Or is it lost in sense it has fallen overboard at sea for example. If it is the former I would make a great effort to find it because if you have both passports I believe they will be happy.

If not I think you should get the new number on your JW202.

As I say I am no expert so I may have misunderstood the rules so double check things and/or see if anyone else comes along with advice.

• 11 months later...