Chinese-Forums

Anyone else having issues with Chinese Breeze audio download?

SunnySideUp

Thanks, Balthazar! I checked the link that was printed on the actual Chinese Breeze books - what do you mean by streaming links?

Edelweis, I bought all available level 4 books (and even though it's still a bit above my current level I wanted to start playing them in the background).

Yes, we're talking about the same thing. There's a QR code and link that is supposed to take you to the download section. I remember it has worked before with some level 2 and 3 readers... But it's just not working anymore/at the moment. Here's to hoping it's just a temporary issue...

I found one of the files on my hard drive: 《竞争对手》音频(常速).

But it's 77MB (exceeds my remaining quota) and also I'm not sure the admins want to host this kind of stuff here (even though it was freely available on the pup website in february 2018).

pinging @roddy

55 minutes ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

Seems I can listen to the audio files but can't find a way of downloading them. 

With the QR-code or with the link above? The link above should take you to the compressed .zip/.rar-files, so it's odd if you are able to listen to the files in your browser without extracting the audio files first.

(And for those interested in downloading the audio from the QR-streams, I noticed you can find the link to the actual .mp3-files by inspecting the play elements in your browser...)

The link above takes me to four pages of audio - I then just clicked on the level 4 graded readers I needed and voilà, the files started downloading. It's possible that some files aren't zip/rar files and thus can be streamed immediately. Which files were you trying to download? I could try on my end if you like?

5 hours ago, Balthazar said:

With the QR-code or with the link above? The link above should take you to the compressed .zip/.rar-files, so it's odd if you are able to listen to the files in your browser without extracting the audio files first.

When I selected the QR code version all I got was the the online version as in the screenshot. Just typed the link and I see is possible to download from there. (albeit at snail pace)  

Thanks

Screenshot_20190216-210534.jpg

Yeah, that's correct... When you go to the link provided by the QR-code, you will not be given the option to download the audio. (That is, unless you right click on each of the green play buttons, select "Inspect Element" (Firefox, probably called something similar in most browsers), copy the URL from "src", and then make a link out of that URL and choose "Save Link As" ("nameofyourchoice.mp3"). Which is quite cumbersome...

But now that the link http://www.pup.cn/dl/newsmore.cfm?sSnom=d203 is working again, you can just get the archive from there :)

• 4 weeks later...

On 2/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, Balthazar said:

Yeah, that's correct... When you go to the link provided by the QR-code, you will not be given the option to download the audio. (That is, unless you right click on each of the green play buttons, select "Inspect Element" (Firefox, probably called something similar in most browsers), copy the URL from "src", and then make a link out of that URL and choose "Save Link As" ("nameofyourchoice.mp3"). Which is quite cumbersome...

But now that the link http://www.pup.cn/dl/newsmore.cfm?sSnom=d203 is working again, you can just get the archive from there :)

I ended up doing that today (saving the mp3 files). I couldn't find the  zipfile on the link unless I am being thick