Chinese-Forums

Shipment from china

Gushasad

• New Members

Hello! Sorry if this room is not the appropriate one. My question is as follows: my friend want to send me an electronic device, an USB dongle to be specific. He lives in China and I live in Poland. What is the most efficient way for him to send me this package?

Regards.

Just DHL or FedEx it. It won’t be cheap but it is efficient and reliable. If it’s a USB stick it won’t weigh that much. 

I have no idea if there are restrictions preventing you sending such things though. 

I don't know specifically about Poland, but on the receiving end packages sent by courier can sometimes incur expensive customs and service fees. Packages sent by post usually avoid these fees.

EMS is China Post's express mail service, priced almost like courier. There's also just an air mail packet. Slower than EMS. But much cheaper.

Assuming you're dealing with an individual not a shop, your friend can probably deal easier with China Post than a courier service.

27 minutes ago, 889 said:

deal easier with China Post than a courier service.

I’m just curious, why is it easier?

I’ve used DHL to send stuff next day delivery from Beijing to the U.K. They might have an English hotline but I’ve just used the Chinese one. They send a guy to your home/office, pick up whatever you’re sending, provide packaging, you pay via wechat/Alipay/card:cash. Done. Expensive but super efficient. 

I’ve received stuff from FedEx and it wasn’t as easy. For some reason they couldn’t deliver to me and I had to switch addresses. This was after someone emailed me in Baidu translated English. 

I guess that’s true. I’ve only ever had bad experiences with China Post. 

EMS is a bit better. I’ve received packages from them and they do make an effort. I once called them about a lost package and they sorted it out really quick and even rang me back for feedback/to check it was resolved. 

6 hours ago, ChTTay said:

I have no idea if there are restrictions preventing you sending such things though.

Articles prohibited as exports:

2. Manuscripts, printed matter, films, photographs, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes, videotapes, compact discs (video and audio), storage medium for the computer and other articles which involve State secrets.

From. How keen they will be to check that your USB stick doesn't contain state secrets, I don't know. 

On 2/15/2019 at 11:58 AM, ChTTay said:

I’ve used DHL to send stuff next day delivery from Beijing to the U.K. They might have an English hotline but I’ve just used the Chinese one. They send a guy to your home/office, pick up whatever you’re sending, provide packaging, you pay via wechat/Alipay/card:cash. Done. Expensive but super efficient. 

on the other way round, I found them awful  (to China). They didn't deliver on Sat / Sun and their offices were closed. I wanted my PhD certificate and it took more than a week despite them claiming a few days. The cost was very expensive, should have got with Royal Mail. Service seems a lot better from China to UK as have experienced though, never tried. 

I couldn't believe an express delivery service didn't deliver at weekends.