Chinese-Forums

How to fill Foreigner Physical Examination Form?

Anano

Hello Everyone :) 

Can anyone help me with the Foreigner Physical Examination Form? I am applying for the scholarship to study in China... I know that this form should be filled by a doctor,I just want to know exactly which medical examinations do I have to get? And do I have to attach the official result paper to the form or no?

• Good question! 1

2 hours ago, ChTTay said:

Can you do the medical in China after you arrive?

Likely cheaper and they’ll do exactly what’s needed. 

You need this document as to apply for the scholarship. Your application will be considered incomplete without it

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

@Anano I was just thinking about asking this. Thank you so much for your question.

@mungouk  thank you so much for the useful information!

22 hours ago, mungouk said:

If you find a doctor who is familiar with doing "Visa medical for China" they should know what needs to be done anyway.

Sadly, I took the form to several doctors and none of them are familiar with the process and told me they didn't quite know what to write. Specifically things like development, nourishment and the others with just a blank space and don't have a yes/no option. Do you know if there's any way I can find something like an example of the filled version of the form to give them an idea as to what needs to be written? 

On my form the doctor wrote "normal" against nourishment, development and most of the others in this category, with more details about vision: "wears reading glasses".

Apparently my abdomen is "unremarkable" but I can live with that...

Next to Chest X-ray she wrote "no evidence of pulmonary tuberculosis", which presumably is the reason for having the X-ray in the first place.

She also stamped the clinic's official stamp across my photo and signed across it.

• Helpful 1

In my case, I got a Pre-Employment Medical Exam and it covered most of the things required in the form. I then just had to get the HIV/Syphillis test done in addition. The doctor was unfamiliar with the form, but she just marked things accordingly and placed a stamp over my photo.

I've had this done twice already (yesterday being the second time). The results from the first were accepted in Xi'an pretty much without any problems, but make sure to also bring the results AND the X-ray film with you just in case. I didn't have the film with me then and had to redo the X-ray there.

Also, if you can time it right, that would be better. Results are valid for six months. Last year, I had my physical exam done mid-March, so I knew I had to have it validated in China by mid-September right after the new school year started.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• 3 months later...
  • New Members

Friends - I have a question. My husband is in the process of applying for his work permit. According to his HR department, I am required to travel to China to have the physical there and cannot have the form completed by my own physician in my home country. It will be quite an expense and time away from work for something that I can do at home.

Have any of you had similar experiences? 

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, diegompjn said:

Does anybody know if the medical tests have to be translated to english/mandarin if its in another language?

In the Beijing hospital I used (some years back) you could bring your own results in English and then pay a fee to have them verified / translated. If you were missing tests they would do them at that hospital. 

You will have to do a full medical exam (again) when you get to China anyway.

I'm just about to make a new Z-visa application (in my home country) and I just noticed that the documentation from the Visa Processing Centre doesn't even list a medical report as a requirement any more.  Which visa are you applying for?

Also, I don't see anywhere on the form "Physical examination record for foreigner" that states that the actual results have to be attached. The doctor has to stamp and sign it with a statement that you can work in China.  In my case last year, a rubber stamp with the words "fit and healthy to work in China under the laws of the People's Republic of China".

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi, Can i do this examination form in Chinese medical places. I mean it says this form will expire after 6 months period and i already got mine for visa and stuff and i arrived in china but now i need this form for scholarship. Do i really need this form again to apply scholarship even i live in Chinese thank you

At least in my university (Jilin University) they didnt accepted foreigners physical forms, 1 day they sent all of us to the hospital to make every test (i think it was only 50rmb or something like that). I also did it in my country, luckily for free, but i know in some countries you need to pay for it. So maybe its better if you send a mail to your Chinese university so they tell you what to do.

I think its also good to check yourself before leaving, knowing you dont have nothing serious, since you will be long time away from home.

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi, I am applying for a Confucius Institute scholarship at Xi'an Jiaotong University. My contact there sent me the "physical exam record for foreigner" form and said it all has to be completed. I told her that ECGs and chest x-rays aren't common in the UK and especially difficult to get done right now in the middle of a pandemic. Has anyone else had experience applying to XJTU or would anyone be able to recommend a reasonably priced private clinic to have the testing done?