Chinese-Forums

Email notifications / updates

roddy

Made some changes yesterday which should make email notifications much more reliable (set up proper SPF and DKIM records, for those acronymically inclined). Which makes this a good time to point out your notification options and list of followed content (note that you can select multiple rows and make mass changes using the toolbar that pops up at the bottom).

And while I'm here, there'll be a bit of an update next week. We're currently on 4.3.6 (7? I forget), going to hopefully 4.4.1 (I'm waiting for the bug fixes to 4.4.0 to be done). This will mean some notable changes, but not a huge reworking or redesign. New stuff includes, off the top of my head...

* Lazy loading

* Unfollow links in notification emails finally (this is long overdue)

* Integrated post + register process, rather than new users having to decide they want to post, go off and register, then come back and post

* Various backend speed and performance changes, which we may or may not notice

* I think the emoticon set is changing, due to licensing issues, so you'll need to get used to some new faces around here ?

* For some godawful reason they're making it easier to post animated gifs. I shall be turning that off. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 8:54 AM, roddy said:

And while I'm here, there'll be a bit of an update next week.

Hoping to get this done this afternoon (the 4.4.1 update was slower than usual, I think they were quietly adding bug fixes to 4.4.0), just checking everything works on the test site and tweaking where necessary.