Chinese-Forums

HSK 3 writing help!!

LouiseM

Yes it matters.

Have a look here https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/a-light-hearted-look-at-how-punctuation-can-change-meaning/

One example I like is - "Most of the time travellers worry about their luggage"

Probably was really supposed read - " Most of the time, travellers worry about their luggage"

Go on, splash out, use punctuation, they don't cost anything.:)

I don't think it matters what language you are writing in.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shelley said:

does that mean the sentences don't require punctuation to make sense?

If you're doing the computer-based test then you're simply re-arranging tiles which have characters on them (no punctuation).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, mungouk said:

If you're doing the computer-based test then you're simply re-arranging tiles which have characters on them (no punctuation).

ah!!!

on the mandarin bean tests you have to type them! so in the actual exam, you don't have to type?

hope so, as some of the characters I knew but couldn't remember the PY

4 hours ago, mungouk said:

@TaxiAsh you have to do both, depending on which question it is... the later "writing" question requires you to type using an IME, but you're only writing a single character and they give you the pinyin anyway.

See this detailed write-up.

Ah I see!

Got it,

thanks, I didn't see the other detailed write up, this explains it all! Thanks. I don't want to be unprepared.

In the mandarinbean test you have to type,. and because I tried to change it after I typed out the 'tiled' answers, it cocked it up, and I got most wrong! Since my last computer update, writing hanzi now is almost impossible. It's so slow.

in the last 5 I also picked the wrong character after typing in the correct PY! haha. Need to get this bit right! Every score counts, especially when I only got 25/40 in listening ?