Chinese-Forums

Celebrate Your Chinese Learning Milestones/Breakthroughs Here

StChris

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 2:31 AM, mackie1402 said:

everything was in slow motion.

Nice tip...I've always loved the idea of the hyperbolic training mindset hahaha.

I prefer the full immersion technique, but sadly daily life and conversation doesn't necessarily prepare me for HSK, as immersion has been boosting my 口语, but not as much my 阅读 or formal language. I will definitely train this way when I start to prepare for the test - thanks for the tip!

OT, my recent achievement was playing some 扑克牌 with the kids I tutor, and I had to explain the rules of scat to both the kids and their Shanghainese 奶奶. A lot of tripping and fumbling, but in the end we were all on the same page having some fun.

• Like 3

I once was on a Japanese Go server that does not support 8-bit characters and was chatting with a Chinese person using pinyin. A French guy asked, "Does everyone in China know pinyin?" I said, "Yes, pretty much everyone. But we don't use it unless in abbreviations."

• Like 1