Chinese-Forums

Few questions concerning the application for CSC scholarship

shtuyot

Hello, 

I just came back from an exchange program at Peking University in Beijing, and decided I want to come back to China and study Chinese. 

I am still an undergraduate student, and I am thinking to apply for the CSC scholarship, study Chinese for 1-2 years and continue for Bechalor degree. 

A friend of mine applied through the embassy and said I should call them and ask for the agency number, but when I called to the person in charge at the Chinese embassy in Israel,

I didn't have the requiered information neither the address to send the documents. So I assume this option is not avaliable (?) 

I read the instructions on : https://www.chinesescholarshipcouncil.com/ , but I am still a little bit confused and not sure how exactly I should apply. Therefore, few questions: 

1. How do I apply to the scholarship through University? (should I contact them first?)

2. Should I do the physical examination now or later? (I read somewhere else that It's better to do it later, since it's valid only for 6 months)

3. Can I change my degree after 1-2 years of Chinese language studies? 

The deadline is near, any help will be very appreciated. 

Thank you! :) 

1 hour ago, shtuyot said:

How do I apply to the scholarship through University? (should I contact them first?)

you have to look for universities that are entitled to receive type B (through embassy is type A) scholarship recipients, those are fewer than the type A. Look into your target universities sites and somewhere it has to read scholarships - university program scholarship (this is the scholarship to apply directly through uni)

2. Should I do the physical examination now or later? (I read somewhere else that It's better to do it later, since it's valid only for 6 months)

You could first check the deadlines, but now is an ok moment since every student staying for more than 6 months have to retake the examinations in China

3. Can I change my degree after 1-2 years of Chinese language studies? 

The scholarship for language study is just for one year, so no. But even if you were applying for a bachelor o master you cant change the progran fir which you were granted the scholarship.

A friend of mine applied through the embass

just asked your friend what your country agency number is and where to send it, of course, if the embassy scholarship announcement is still open

Hope I helped a little :)

1. Definitely contact the university, that's how I got the CSC scholarship to 西南财经大学 even though I missed the deadline by like 3 months haha (was already living in Chengdu after a year of studying Chinese at Sichuan University, got a job but didn't qualify for work visa, so my next option was masters degree). There are several ways to apply for the scholarship, one is through the embassy and one is through direct contact. I don't know how the embassy works and its easy to just email the university.  

2. yeah just do the physical exam now since you have to redo it in China

3. You can't change your degree but what you can do is first get a csc scholarship to just study Chinese for a year and then apply again for the degree scholarship when you decide what you want to do.