Chinese-Forums

Studying in China- Experience?

Christina.hu

Hello! ? My name is Christina and I am thinking about studying in China (my goal is still to start in 2019 ?). Firstly, I wanna shortly tell you something about myself: I am from Austria, I am currently 18 years old (but I turn 19 this year though ?) and I am quite interested to the chinese culture and language. I already have been to China two times and i already know the atmosphere and daily live a bit. ^^ But anyway, now to my question: I think about studying in Nanjing at the Nanjing University (NJU). They offer quite many programms for international students and I thought it could be a good opportunity. ? So my question is: Do some of you study at the Nanjing University? How is the atmosphere there? The people and teachers are nice and helpful, understanding? To the building: there are so many photos on the internet but i don't excatly know how does it really look like! ? 

To the subjects: I heard i can study Medias there; is that true? I really wanna study that but I am not sure if I can study it at NJU. (I really hope so!)?

I also already have seen the programms for the international students on their website; i am also interested to advertising, radio & television science..but i don't really know the content, maybe someone knows! (some creative subjects are my interest ^^) 

To the scholarships: Do you have one? How can i get one? I know the university is probably really expensive ? 

And do the university have an acceptance limit when it comes to students range?

I have not been studying in Nanjing University but I live in Hefei which is not far from Nanjing. It's nearly about 30min to Nanjing from Hefei by train.Nanjing is a modern and charming city. It's a top university in China and most of the students want to study at this school each year. In that case, I reckon it is very difficult to get into Nanjing University not noly for international students but also for a Chinese students.

And as you say, NJU do has a fine atmosphere for studying.It has 86 specialties in all.The top 8 majors respectively are Chinese language and literature, mathematics, physics, astronomy, chemistry, computer sicence and teconology, geology and biology.Though NJU has media major, it's not a advantages subject for NJU. Maybe you should get into Comunication University of China which situated in Bejing if you like media in deed.In fact, CUC is also my desired university because my present major is journalism. And I want to be a graduate student of CUC.

Speaking of scholarship, well frankly, I don't know much more about it.But it's very important to improve your Chinese standard if you wanna get more scholarships.

Above is what I know bout Nanjing University.My English is not very good.You know what I mean. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Hope it will be helpful to you and welcome to Nanjing and my city Hefei.

• Thanks 1

Oh thank u so much for ur reply! Yes, i already have informed myself about the NJU University, I actually think the school fees are a bit too expensive..I can not really affort it I guess ?

I am thinking about the University in Suzhou now, I already have been to Suzhou, i really like the city, besides the University has super good scholarships and acceptable school fees ^^

And the subjects are pretty nice: Communication, Design and Humanities, but I can not really decide, silly me ?

To the University in Beijing u mentioned: I thought about going to Beijing but I need to say, for me personally Beijing is too big, as well as Shanghai ^^'

Besides that, I wanna learn chinese and I really hope Suzhou could offer me some chinese language courses too and I hope it is bearable during my eduction ^^

But firstly, I need apply and do the IELTS exam, I hope I can do it! ?

I already have been to Hefei! What a cool city ?

Thank u again and I hope I can get enough scholarships, I really need it I feel??

Suzhou University is also a good school.And there are other schools as good as that.Such as Jiangnan University,Nanjing normal University and Anhui University.Maybe I can help you if you wanna learn Chinese as long as it's not grammar problem.Even as a native speaker, sometimes I also cannot explain clearly why this problem is so.?

In the end, wish you success in the IELTS exam and come to Suzhou soon.?

Okay, it doesn't matter.I am shy too hahaha.Maybe I should go to sleep now because It's 1:10 am here. You can find out contact in my profile information if you want to get in touch with me quickly.

G9~???