Chinese-Forums

Better unsubscribe options for emails

roddy

This, as I've said, is long overdue. Previously if you got an email update for a topic you were no longer interested in, you had to log in to unsubscribe. It's now much easier. Say you get an email:

notifications1.png

The 'unfollow' link underlined in red will take you, in a single click, to the following...

notifications2.png

Where you can either stop emails for that specific item, or for everything. The item will remain in your Followed Content and you might get on-site notifications, but no emails. 

If you want to be more selective (unfollow a bunch of stuff, but not everything, or change your notification preferences, also linked in the above email) you'd still need to log in.

I'm not sure how this will work with, eg, digest emails (where you get one email a day or week for all your followed content). Any issues, let me know and I'll see what I can figure out. 

I'm glad to see this, as previously the easiest way for anyone to stop getting emails was to hit the spam button, which is obviously not ideal. This would be even more the case for someone who'd forgotten their password. That said, we seem to do ok - I've been monitoring spam report rates via Google Postmaster and bar one blip where I know what happened* it's basically zero. 

Edit: The above screen appears if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, you get the options for that specific item and would need to click on the "Change how the notification is sent" link to make more changes.

*new and enthusiastic member bumped a bunch of old threads on a similar topic. Cue multiple notifications to people who hadn't logged in for years and probably couldn't remember their passwords. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1