Chinese-Forums

How do you order on Amazon while in China?

vellocet

I know there used to be some guides on how to set Amazon up so that it would ship to China, but I can't find them searching.  Does anyone know how to set up Amazon so as to order things and have them delivered here?  Without using some kind of fake address/forwarder.  I know it's possible.

As you may know, you should first check whether Chinese Amazon at amazon.cn has what you want. Saves all the problem with shipping from overseas. Note that amazon.cn also lists items sold from their overseas site, called Amazon Global Store, which do involve foreign shipping charges and customs clearance. As well, apparently you need a Chinese ID for these purchases to clear customs. Not sure how it works if you don't have one, but it does say in bold characters. 目前仅支持中国居民二代身份证信息验证。

https://www.amazon.cn/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=dp-kyc-help?ie=UTF8&pop-up=1&nodeId=201603210

As for buying on Amazon US and shipping to China, so far as I know there's no serious problem, except that shipping can be relatively expensive and may involve customs duty and hassle. Further, not all products can be shipped overseas. Electronics in particular can be a big problem because of restrictions on mailing things with lithium batteries. When you're browsing Amazon US from overseas, normally there's a legend at the top showing whether the particular item you're looking at can be shipped to your foreign location. Also not sure if you need a Chinese ID when buying direct from Amazon US for shipment to China.