Chinese-Forums

Has Anyone Changed The Phone Number Their Bank Account Was Registered With?

Pianote

I got a new phone number today. I want to attach my chinese  debit card (ccb) to wechat pay but I can't because my card is registered with my old phone number. 

I was told to go to the branch where I opened my debit card and change the number associated with my debit card account and I will be ok.

Has any one tried this? I just dont want to go so far away  only to be turned away.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Pianote said:

I was told to go to the branch where I opened my debit card and change the number associated with my debit card account and I will be ok.

Yes, that's what you need to do. It worked for me. Take your passport. 

Take absolutely everything they gave you! I've been sent back not only because I didn't have the old passport, but then again because I didn't bring the USB dongle (at least with my bank, some changes need to be done online with the dongle). And of course bring your phone.

Yes, I’ve done this at Bank of China. It depends on your luck on the day to how fast it is. When I changed my number it took about an hour and was a massive pain. The teller I had didn’t really know what to do. He also kept asking for random info I didn’t remember. Like I had an account in another city (not the same one that I was changing the number for) and he asking for that address. Madness. 

I went to a different branch to change my address and it was seamless. In and out within 10 minutes.