Chinese-Forums

Which institution in China offers a year long Chinese language program?

stanhere

• New Members

I would like to know which institution in China offers a year long Chinese language program? I found CLI but the cost was just too expensive, I am looking for an affordable institution to in China where I can learn  Chinese language.

I'm sure all major university's offer language courses by the semester. There's a few in Hangzhou. Prices range from 7,000-10,000 rmb per semester. Classes are usually 8am-12am Monday to Friday and they have different groups depending on your level. I'd guess it's similar in any major Chinese city you pick.  

• Helpful 1

I recommend Jiangnan University in Wuxi, Jiangsu. It has a Chinese Language Department with students from all over the world. It is near Shanghai but not in Shanghai, which is a great location. The weather is great. The city location is also great because the campus is out in the country, but it is only a 20 minute subway ride into the downtown area. There is a large shopping mall right across the street from the campus north gate, and another one near the south gate. The department also has summer Chinese language programs, and I see groups of foreign students coming in for the program every summer.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

2 hours ago, stanhere said:

what is the cost of the language course in these institutions / universities per year or semester?

Sorry, I don't know. (I have never looked for such information. I don't know any of the foreign students. They are in a completely separate department from me.) Would you like me to find a link for you regarding application and registration fees at Jiangnan University?

I did a quick search on YouTube. There are several videos on there on the topic. (YouTube is becoming just as helpful as Google!)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=apply+to+Jiangnan+university

BLCU is more expensive

http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/en/2018/0914/c1218a1860/page.htm

11600 rmb per semester (23200 rmb per year) for ordinary 20 hours per week

19100 rmb per semester for intensive 30 hours per week

These are tuition only, not counting the application fee: 600 RMB for a non-degree program

and also not counting accommodation (which costs probably more in big cities)

• New Members

XJLTU has an autumn language class that runs from September to January, the fee is 8,500 RMB. As for BLCU two courses the Chinese Language Programs (one year) and Chinese Preparatory Courses (one year) costing 23200 RMB and 26000 RMB respectively, although I am not really sure what the difference is, anyway @edelweis what is the cost of accommodation like for 1 year in Beijing?

I would look into Hangzhou to see if they have a more affordable year long language program.