Chinese-Forums

Acceptance without pre admission letter

xbyren

Hello all,

I have been reading the forums and preparing my CSC documents for months. I'd like to write this post because I feel like all the effort was done for nothing...

I applied for CGS type A through my embassy and got recommended. People from the embassy told me that my documents were really strong, I had worked so hard for it... And I applied for a master taught in Chinese at Tsinghua, Peking uni and Zhejiang Uni. But the problem is I didn't know I also had to apply for uni's preadmission, so I don't have the pre-admission letter. Some people have told me that it means I won't have a seat at those units, and I think I cannot get one. My concern is, do you know if at least CSC will send my documents to my preferred unis and they will evaluate them? Or they will simply reject my application because I don't have a pre-admission letter? Or will CSC just send my documents to a random university without even giving me the chance to be evaluated by my preferred unis?

I made a big mistake and I feel so disappointed...

Thanks for taking the time to read my message. I really appreciate it

7 hours ago, xbyren said:

My concern is, do you know if at least CSC will send my documents to my preferred unis and they will evaluate them? Or they will simply reject my application because I don't have a pre-admission letter? Or will CSC just send my documents to a random university without even giving me the chance to be evaluated by my preferred unis?

xbyren, don't worry too much if you can't do anything about it? Have something else to think about on the meantime?

Can't help you much other than spreading some positive thinking.

Not all hope is lost, so don't be too negative. The problem is that no one knows exactly how the evaluation works. Also, the pre-admission letter can definitely help, but it is not a firm guarantee, as people having the letter can be rejected, too (happened before). Let's keep your fingers crossed. It's always tough to apply to so-called "top" and "best" universities in China, but focus on the journey ahead of you. You will definitely be going to a fine place.

1 minute ago, ZhangKaiRong said:

You will definitely be going to a fine place.

thank you, I really appreciate your positive messages... I know that I am overthinking and overreacting, but I put so much effort on it and I feel so stupid because I made a mistake that can ruin everything... anyway thanks for sending me good vibes ❤️

From the EU Window FAQs:

6. Is the “Admission Letter” from a Chinese University necessary?

Yes or No. You are encouraged to contact Chinese universities for

admission in advance. Please enclose the admission letter in your

application package which may increase your chances of being admitted

by our scholarship, and you are most likely to be assigned to your target

university by CSC. There is no problem if you do not have any admission

letter from universities.

I did not enclose an admission letter, however, my status on the UK Chinese embassy application changed to "in progress" recently. My preferences: 1. Shanghai Jiaotong 2. Fudan so I am going for the top universities just like you.

Just check your e-mail box next month to see if the universities you selected give you an offer.

40 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

Just check your e-mail box next month to see if the universities you selected give you an offer.

Cheers , anyway I just contacted the ISOs of my preferred unis, just to know if they automatically reject people without pre admission letters. It's holiday in china now, but I'll probably know next week. I can keep you posted about it if u want

41 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

application changed to "in progress"

mine changed to "in progress" some weeks ago..

Hi guys, I got a response from Peking, they said "如果学校收到你的申请材料就会审核, 具体结果请咨询使馆" 

This means that as long as they receive my docs, they will evaluate them

So as Im recommended to CSC by embassy, Im confident they will send my docs to my preferred unis, and they will check them..

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, 芒果乾 said:

I did not enclose an admission letter, however, my status on the UK Chinese embassy application changed to "in progress" recently. My preferences: 1. Shanghai Jiaotong 2. Fudan so I am going for the top universities just like you.

Can I ask if you were successful in getting a place? I am also going to try to apply for these universities and the whole application process has been pretty complicated. I'm not sure whether or not I should first apply directly to the university for a pre-admission letter before applying for CGS. Also, because you said you are applying through UK embassy, can I ask where you got your physical exam because the only clinic I've found that offers the required tests costs £395 which is a lot of money to spend if I might not even get a scholarship.