Chinese-Forums

Overstayed my tourist visa with 1 day need advice..

fresh-graduate 2018

fresh-graduate 2018

So i overstayed my tourist visa 5 months ago as it was for one month. The PSB in Shenzhen entered my info into their database(took my  fingerprints and issued me an exit visa)  and issued me a warning as this was my first time. I regret that decision but it  happened as it was a weekend (non working days). I take fully responsibility as i miscounted the days.

I am looking to go back to China with a business visa in China , i am worried that it will affect my new visa application. Anyone who has been through this kind of situation and managed to return to China after overstaying or anyone who can give me advice on what i should expect.

On the visa application form it requires me to state reasons for overstaying , i don't know if i should just say i miscounted the number of days or i should explain the whole situation 

Would really appreciate any help or links to similar situations

Thanks

fresh-graduate 2018

Okay thanks... I didn't pay any fee i just received a warning not to do it again , i thought i could also add reasons that led me to overstaying just to try to make sure my application will be successful.

I overstayed my tourist visa years ago, had to go to the police station, got fingerprinted and had to pay a 500kuai fine. I lost my passport and dispite reporting it to the police in advance of my visa exit date I still got hauled to the police station and fined. 

There was a lot of arguing and screaming from my agitated Chinese friends at the police for the telling off I received . I was thinking " oh really I shouldn't have lost my passport? thanks for the valuable advice"?

However It didn't effect my multiple '(6 or 7) other visas afterwards though , business or otherwise. 

(That is when you realise the disadvantage of being from a shitty little country like mine! 3 'days, many times a day I rang my embassy in China and no one answered)

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I can't remember to be honest, I think just "  lost passport ".

I think they would have to be  pretty petty to refuse entry based on a 1 day overstay. You can't really rely on webstories and personal accounts as it will always be bias towards the exception imo. No is going to make a you tube video saying they applied for a visa and no issues.

• Like 1

fresh-graduate 2018

Yes you're right thanks anyway i will just go and apply and see how it goes , i just wanted to see how some other people have gone through the same situation  before and if they actually managed to get a visa  

it seems that it's possible so it gives me confidence to go apply was just a bit worried