Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Moshen

Car rental in China

edelweis

3 hours ago, Moshen said:

Here is the link.

thanks for the link!

If you do take a road trip in China I hope you'll post about your experience on Chinese-Forums :mrgreen:

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Moshen

If you do take a road trip in China I hope you'll post about your experience on Chinese-Forums

We did a shorter road trip in China four years ago with my Chinese sister-in-law in her car, from Beijing through Inner Mongolia to Harbin and then the small town in Heilongjiang where my husband spent 6 years driving a truck during the Cultural Revolution.

Once out of Beijing, the traffic was light.  But my sister-in-law's GPS was outdated, so we were constantly contending with bad roads and getting lost.  In many places there was no signage at major intersections, so we would stop and she would flag down a truck driver to ask which way we should go.  Ditto when we had been in a city and needed to find the city exit.  Many cities are set up so there are only three or four options for exiting the city, all of them not obvious.  She would ask a local how to get out and most of the time they'd say, "Follow me," and they'd lead us through the twists and turns to get out.  She also talked us into being able to stay in a couple of hotels that don't normally accept foreigners.

My sister-in-law offered to drive us to Xinjiang, but she is a non-stop talker and I couldn't manage a road trip that long with no peace and quiet in the car.  She also offered to drive us to Llasa, but the road we were looking at is closed to foreigners, even as passengers in a Chinese-driven car.  We are hoping to go to Xinjiang before it closes up the way Tibet has.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

edelweis

@Moshen thanks for sharing your experience. I wish you success with your plans.