Chinese-Forums

Taiwan Visa while in mainland China

Is it possible yo get a Taiwan visa in mainland China?, the only method that I have found so far is to go to one of the SARs and apply for it while in there. I know is really obvious that It would not be possible to get it while being in the mainland, I just wanted to know if there was any other way to do it.

Thanks in advance

Will you need a Taiwan visa to visit there? What is your nationality? I've been several times and never had to arrange a visa. (US passport holder.) Many countries get visa-free entry for different periods of time: 90-day, 30-day, etc.

Here's a list of requirements: https://guidetotaipei.com/article/do-i-need-a-visa-to-visit-taiwan 

Yes, I see. Sorry, I don't know how to apply for a Taiwan visa from the Mainland. Might be some way, but I never investigated. Perhaps a visa agent would know. Maybe you could locate one of those in "The Beijinger" and call. 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, MrDuque said:

Is it possible yo get a Taiwan visa in mainland China?

A question should not be asked. By common sense, China recognise TW as a province, so how do you get VISA within same country?

For TW , it is quite complicated. Of course you never get Mainland VISA there,  the identity TW people thought of themself changes over time...make it more complicated...Basically, in my own opinion, the Big  boss in TW now is a Japanese, not Chinese.

"A question should not be asked. By common sense, China recognise TW as a province, so how do you get VISA within same country?"

Nothing wrong with asking the question.

Visas for Taiwan have long been granted in Hong Kong.

And for many years, at least, Mainland visas applied for in Hong Kong were often processed and issued in Shenzhen. They say 签发地广东.  (Those issued in Hong Kong say 签发地香港.)

Colombians are eligible to apply for a single-entry 30-day evisa to Taiwan. Be sure you apply using the official site on the gov.tw domain, not one of the copycat sites that Google brings up.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-1834-036fb-2.html

If there's an issue, they want more documents for example, you might be directed to a consular mission for a visit; don't know how that would work if you're on the Mainland, though.

@889 nice comments. HK's policy is from the colony time, a shame they do not change it after 1997. 

Either TW people or Mainlanders , there is no VISA for the two area. You can check it either in Beijing or Taipei. So a sort of special pass is applied and it was handled by travel agency, not by the official organization.