Chinese-Forums

Can I attend a Chinese Language School on a business (M) VISA?

Jan Finster

Since I go to China on business trips, I have a multi-entry M-VISA. Can I attend a Chinese Language School with such a VISA or is the school going to refuse it? Or will I run into problems with authorities even if the school accepts it?

Ask the school if you haven't already done so. Also, the answer might be different according to how long you hope to study. If it's just a few weeks, probably won't matter. 

• Helpful 1

Are you studying part time or full time. 

You don't need a visa for part time study. That is to say, naturally you need a visa to come to chins   but you already have an M visa. 

In any case you would be hard pressed to find a school that wouldn't accept you (university's exception) . Usually it's getting the visa that's the problem. 

The problem is usually the other way round. Many coming to China and working full time under a student visa so authorities check school register (to see if they are actually turning up) 

My school cancelled several X1 student visas in the past for students not turning up .

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Hi there, 

Thought I would answer this given that I'm currently at a language school, where I have been studying for the past 7 weeks :)

I'm in China on a multi-entry visa which similarly I got through work as I fly in and out of China regularly from my normal base in HK.  The school didn't mind at all and neither did immigration when I filled in the arrival form.  I have even flown in and out of the country during this 7 week period without any hiccups.  All good.  

Hi there, 

Thought I would answer this given that I'm currently at a language school, where I have been studying for the past 7 weeks :)

I'm in China on a multi-entry visa which similarly I got through work as I fly in and out of China regularly from my normal base in HK.  The school didn't mind at all and neither did immigration when I filled in the arrival form.  I have even flown in and out of the country during this 7 week period without any hiccups.  All good.