Chinese-Forums

Hakka recordings

księżycowy

Hello everyone,

For a long time I have wanted to learn the Hakka language, and over the years I have collected a small, yet respectible, amount of resources to that end. However, I unfortunately do not have access to a native speaker or audio recordings for me to learn how to properly pronounce things. I know this is a tall order, but I was wondering if I might get a willing native speaker to help me out by recording the lessons in one of my textbooks.

One of my textbooks (the Maryknoll title) does have audio, but I was unable to obtain it when I bought it years ago, and while I have tried to recently to get back in touch with them to see about getting the audio, I fear they are no longer selling their titles outside of their school. Or at least no-one has returned my emails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm not sure if getting a tutor through italki is financially feesible for me, but I have gotten in touch with someone on another site that will try to track down the audio for the Maryknoll textbook in Taiwan.