Chinese-Forums

Introducing Ink Code, a Chinese character writing app

蓝鸟

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce my new Chinese study app for iOS, Ink Code. I am also the developer for one of the earliest Chinese learning apps on App Store, iLearn Chinese, which some of you may have used. While both apps teach how to write Chinese characters, iLearn Chinese focuses more on the etymology of Chinese characters and covers a relatively smaller set of characters (in the range of several hundred), whereas Ink Code concentrates more on... well, the writing of a lot more characters. Ink Code currently has the writing demonstrations and practices for nearly 3000 characters, which covers all HSK 1 to 6 and AP Chinese exams. 

2027949872_SimulatorScreenShot-iPhoneXsMax-2019-05-20at00_03_50.thumb.png.1abdda8de5f24beee4dc7dd316c10f3d.png

Besides character writings, Ink Code also has a strong Pinyin annotation functionality. You can paste copied Chinese text, type in the URL of a Chinese page, or just snap an image with Chinese text, and display the pinyin right above the characters. 

IMG_9256.thumb.PNG.6de285705f69763fe533d078454301bb.PNG   IMG_9257.thumb.PNG.2b8495d81d482e1f6bdbb92da2435ee7.PNG  

Furthermore, if you select some text in a Pinyin annotated view (by either medium-long tap or just drag the selection cursor), you'll get the Chinese words and their meanings. And the Chinese words will further be broken down into characters and writings.

IMG_9258.thumb.PNG.c1ce0ed83e2ff4813ed584af72a88b38.PNG               IMG_9259.thumb.PNG.17812396240809f2912f45ea7a598114.PNG               IMG_9260.thumb.PNG.3781bf3728060182245bc42f947b749c.PNG

The app is free for download, so as the pinyin annotation, image snapping (OCR) and text analysis functionalities. I have some promo codes for the in-app purchase Advanced Characters (HSK 3 to 6), let me know if you want to try it out.

Thanks for your attention!

IMG_9257.PNG

• New Members

Here are a few videos demonstrating the writing of characters of different HSK levels and adding pinyin annotation of arbitrary Chinese text:

Writing demonstration

Paste Chinese text and get Pinyin annotation and selected word meanings

Add Pinyin annotations to Chinese text from arbitrary URL

Snap text (OCR) and get pinyin annotations and text analysis

Please let me know if you have any questions :)