Chinese-Forums

Will there be any issues in ticking 'yes' for professional organisation on my tourism china visa application? UK

ftghh67

I asked a similar question before but this is relating to something else I thought.

I'm filling out my tourist visa and I've up to the question:

Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social or charitable organisations?

I am an accountant and because of this I have to be a part of the Institute of accountants which I believe counts as a professional organisation? This is similar to how doctors have to be a part of some sort of registered medical institute and lawyers have to be a part of the bar. Other people online are telling me I shouldn't tick yes to this, I should just say no as they're not really interest in this kind of thing and there will be unnecessary scrutiny on my application. Would it really cause issues if I put this on? What have other people done for this question?

Also just to mention, this is a new question that has been added to the UK visa applications, I believe they added some point after Nov 2018 when you had to start giving finger prints aswell. It is not in the V.2013.