Chinese-Forums

part time jobs i can get in china

xxx_wissem_xxx

I am pretty sure that if you are a student, you'll be in China on a student visa, which doesn't allow you to work at all.

But if you really want to find a job, what you can find and what salary you can get depends on your skills and background. Your odds of finding a job increase if you have specific skills that not many local people have. Keep in mind that for many jobs, you'll be competing with locals, who speak Chinese while you don't yet.

20 minutes ago, Lu said:

which doesn't allow you to work at all

You can work legally part time under a certain number of hours with the University/School’s permission. 

You could choose to work more than this or without permission illegally. Last person I knew got the Uni to give them a letter with permission but they didn’t really know anything about it. 

Job wise if you're not teaching English you could teach another popular language (Spanish, French). Otherwise it’s likely you’d find short jobs like being paid to be a foreigner somewhere (hand out fliers, stand and welcome people, etc) or do something with English data entry or proof reading documents. Actually, it’s very likely teaching English will pay you the best per hour anyway. 

• Helpful 1

The work allowed is internship, and must be related to your major.  This rules out English teaching and such.  In practice, I've never heard of such a job, though doubtless they exist somewhere.  

You can just work illegally, but China is really cracking down on that these days.  I know so many people who have been deported.