Chinese-Forums

Help translating husband's tattoo!

luckyduck

Hehe it can also mean the first time you pay money in a phone game to buy gold/jade/gems whatever the currency is to then buy skins or unlock characters and whatever else. 首充 can usually get some kind of discount or reward.

• Helpful 1

6 hours ago, luckyduck said:

It IS supposed to say PS (his initials).

Yes, but it doesn't. That gibberish Asian font doesn't mean anything. It does not mean PS to anyone who reads Chinese. 

Chinese characters do not correlate one to one with the English alphabet. There are thousands of Chinese characters not just 26 like the english alphabet.

I only say all this because you come across as happy with this. It is not something I would be happy with.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

18 hours ago, luckyduck said:

It IS supposed to say PS (his initials). I will go have a look at the Gibberish Asian font now.

A definition of "gibberish" might be helpful. 

Unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense. 

Hello,I come from China,Maybe I can help you.The words of "首充" mainly used in computer game or mobile game as a means of promotion.For example,if you charge $100 to the game platform,you will get $200 game equipment.

My QQ is 1643164911,if you still have question,you can add me. 

首充.png

Thank you for your explanation of the characters 首充.

While this may well be the meaning for these characters they do not represent the letters of the roman alphabet P or S.

People who do not understand how the Chinese language works can be mislead into believing that there is a one to one correlation of alphabet to characters as in the  http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com/2006/08/gibberish-asian-font-mystery-solved.html

This mistake is often made and it is hard to educate the whole world but one by one we may get there in the end:D