Chinese-Forums

Where should I go to sell authentic secondhand luxury goods?

vellocet

A wealthy customer gave my wife an authentic Louis Vuitton handbag he got while overseas.  I've checked it out, it's legit.  She needs to raise money for her daughter's school and wants to sell the bag.  Where would be a good place to do this?  I only know of the secondhand Taobao site, the one named fish something, and it doesn't fill me with confidence.  I've searched it and it's full of junk and new products.  If there's somewhere specifically for luxury goods, I'd appreciate it!  ?

She should take it to a 回收礼品 shop. These are people who buy expensive gifts that the recipient doesn't want. They are resale shops for high-end items. Much of what they trade in is expensive booze. Of course, she should take any authenticating papers (tags, warranties and such.) Maybe get a couple of opinions if the price the first store offers doesn't square with what she is expecting to get. 

Here's a picture of one near my apartment:

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/38741-gift-exchange-store/?tab=comments#comment-291385

------------------------------------------------------ 

Added: I just tried entering 回收礼品 in Baidu and found quite a few online stores that do the same thing. 

Here's one that deals in LV bags (LV包包): http://cq.ganji.com/xianzhilipin/3621030871x.htm

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1