Chinese-Forums

Never Forget Chinese Characters Again (New App)

cmlynars

• New Members

Hey all, I'm a long time Chinese language learner who was dissatisfied with the current app offerings so I built my own.

Daily Chinese is a daily, spaced-repetition system that helps you grow and track your Chinese vocabulary simply and effectively. It is designed specifically for Chinese learners and includes word packs to help you learn the basics, prepare for the HSK, survive living abroad, master idioms, and much more.

I'm going to continue adding features and improving the app starting with the inclusion of traditional characters coming in the next week or so. Thanks for checking it out.

Daily Chinese for iPhone

Daily Chinese for Android

Feature Graphic - 1024 x 500.jpg

12 hours ago, cmlynars said:

Hey all, I'm a long time Chinese language learner who was dissatisfied with the current app offerings so I built my own.

Don't want to be discouraging by any means but I think it's the exact opposite. Loads of good apps around which do what your suggesting.. So I personally don't bother checking out new ones as they are usually full of promises about what will come.

Might help your business if you state what your app does that others don't? 

Best of luck though.! 

I agree with @DavyJonesLocker . What does your app do better than Anki? In my opinion the only things Anki is missing are a newer version of the SRS algorithm and better default settings.

Daily Chinese seems only to do single words that come from premade lists and it uses English definitions even for advanced word packs. There is no way to add or customize your own cards.

Honestly, it just seems like another one of those apps for casual learners that have a nice presentation but lack features. But that's probably the way to go if you develop for mobile only and want to make money ?

• 2 months later...

@Wurstmann

Hi, I would recommend Mnemosyne instead of Anki. It has the same functionality, but it includes a 'dictionary' type of cards, with two additional windows for transcription and comments, which appear only on the 'back side', whichever it is, one with the word or the other with its translation. The only problem may be their too advanced algorythm of repetition, which seemd for me too postponing it. I just pressed a button one step worse than my knowledge.
https://mnemosyne-proj.org/