Chinese-Forums

Quitting job...what happens next?

Mijin

I'm sure a very basic question, but I didn't see a past thread.

Basically I want to quit my job, and get my HSK 5 and maybe HSK 6 while deciding next step.

If it is necessary to get a study visa, then I will enroll at a school full time. But if not (my residence permit still has 8 months on it) I would just study on my own and just contact a school for assistance with sitting the exam.

But the whole process is unclear to me, and once I quit I only have four weeks until I am in limbo.

NB: My desire to quit and desire to take a study sabbatical are two separate things. I wouldn't quit a job I am happy in to do this.

Once you quit your job they’ll cancel your RP.

You’d need to get an X visa of some sort but not sure about the details - can you transfer? Do you need to leave and come back? Etc 

ok thanks for the responses

I'm going through the process of getting a student visa. It is necessary to leave the country to apply for a visa. At the school where I enquired about this, they recommended going to Thailand or Malaysia over Hong Kong (the latter being very slow at processing applications)