Chinese-Forums

Suggestions for long-term stay in China

matteo

19 minutes ago, ChTTay said:

“But the regular ones are exhausting” ... so actually you don’t know about those regular ones either? Which is kind of the point I was making. I won’t quote myself. Advising someone not to do something (or to do something) when you actually don’t know about it isn't very helpful.

(Just to be clear I am a regular teacher in China. We do exist)

ChTTay really don't want to flood OP topic with this pointless discussion, is English your native language? I'm guessing my use of the word 'regular' has somehow different meaning for you than for me. By regular work I meant non-teaching job. I don't know what you understood with that, but let me break it down:

1. I am not and I never was English teacher, nor any other type of teacher. Never claimed that.

2. I have worked in office environment/industry (however you want to call that) - which I said in the very first post. That's what I call 'regular work'. That work is 9am-6pm (typical in China), and once you add transportation and overtime it becomes 8am-7pm.

3. For the above reason I suggested OP not to take office work - as it is exhausting.