Chinese-Forums

Beijing Nightlife

venture160

Beijing only 21, I usually stick to Wudaokou (propaganda, lush), with the exception of Vic's and Mix, I tend to like hanging out with the younger crowd, I barely go to Houhai or Sanlitun. Am I missing anything, what place do you guys think is the best to hang out with students, where the 38 year old businessmen is out of place...?

From what I hear Vic's and Mix are the better clubs to go to. Propaganda is a little small, but there should be plenty of students from the Wudaokou area. Sanlitun is pretty crowded and I personally don't find it that great. I really like Houhai. It feels more upper class, being relatively new and also near the Houhai lake, which is a fairly relaxing environment.

• 3 weeks later...

Vic's and Mix are nice indeed, Propaganda is small, but cheaper and more like a local disco. One thing these clubs have in common is the music that is played; mostly rap and hip hop. Now this music is nice, but when I go clubbing I prefer dance music (electronic music) So a club I can recommend is Babyface. It's more like a European Style club in my opinion, the music on the main dance floor is mostly techno, trance etc. There's a smaller dancefloor as well, in another area, where hip hop is played. It's not very cheap tho', a beer is about 45 kuai.

The address is 6 Gongti Xi Lu (Chaoyang District), so just down the road of the workers stadium

I haven't been to too many Clubs in BJ yet, but yesterday we went to taku. It's about 2 km down the road from BLCU (Wu Dao Kou) and it's a little bit bigger than Propaganda and usually plays better music. Also on thursdays they have drinks for free with an entryfee of 30 kuai for girls and 50 kuai for guys.

Also, a chinese girl I met in Propaganda told me Banana on San Li Tun would be the best Club in BJ.

• 5 months later...

I usually stayed in Wudaokou, the Blabla bar and the beer garden (not even sure if that's the place's name, but that's what everybody calls it). Have been to Vic's, Mix and Propaganda, but didn't like them that much, not really my style of disco I guess.

There used to be a little bar called Qidian, Starting Point, somewhere deep in the alleys not too far from Wudaokou. Went there once for a concert, had a great time, but never heard of the place again.

Saw another great concert (Wang Lei and Cui Jian!!!!) in a place called Yugong Yishan (the foolish old man who moves the mountain), seems there's often good music there.