Chinese-Forums

Cute Cat Coaster (I thought it was Japanese??‍♀️)

Lreid34

• New Members

H there, 

So I recently received this cat coaster with a purchase of a cat tea mug, and I noticed this writing on the side of the sad looking cat. I'm big into languages, the meaning of words/phrases, different cultures, and learning so I wanted to know what it said. I have lived in Okinawa as a military kid for 6 years, and some of the characters looked like Japanese to me, but I was mistaken and quite embarrassed lol. I tried translating it through google document and photo translate, then downloaded the google translate app so I could try to get a live video scan translation, then I found an app called Yomiwa to try video, photo, even drawing translation. None of it words that came up made any sense and some of the characters weren't being translated at all, until I realized I could post a photo of it on a public "wall" inside the Yomiwa app and have it translate by someone. 

A kind Chinese soul responded with a simplified Chinese translation saying that it said "Zhiguan qu xhihaun!, Just go to like!". (Forgive me, I can't add all the accents as needed from my keyboard.) ......... 

One, I'm super grateful someone responded, let alone someone who actually recognized the language. Two, I'm glad someone who recognized the language and was kind enough to translate it for me correcting my assumptions about the type of language it was. 

But.....now I'm trying to figure out what does "Just go to like!" on a cat coaster with a sad looking cat mean to the Chinese culture lol. Because it's on a cute rubber cup coaster I'm sure it's just a saying and nothing to take literally, I'm just a curious mind who wants/needs to understand for future reference lol. It's a personal thing, but the meaning of things in my possession actually mean something to me too, so I want to be able to decide to use it or gift it to someone else. I don't like sad looking cute things, it pulls at my heart strings lol. 

I've attached two links to photos I toke of the cat coaster, and the Chinese phrase on the coaster. I hope they help lol. 

Cat Coaster that Came with my Cat Tea Mug

Chinese Phrase on Cat Coaster

If there is anyone who can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it?