Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua Chinese Language Program 2019/2020

Daniel53

• New Members

Hello guys,

Who else is going to follow the Chinese Language Program at Tsinghua, starting september 2019? 

I will probably start from the bottom level, as my Chinese is really bad. I could speak some words but can't really read or write haha. 

Looking forward to it ?

Daniël

• New Members

Hey Daniël,

I'm going to study Chinese at Tsinghua as well ?

I have learned Chinese at my home university for 2 years, however, I'm not quite sure about my skills. I'm definitely looking forward to my stay in China :)

Where are you from actually? Did you manage to receive a place in the dorm yesterday?

Would be great to know some people already before going to Beijing I guess!

Anna

• New Members

I am from the Netherlands (my parents are both from China though) 

Sadly I couldn't book a room in the dorm within Tsinghua, it was all full from the very first minute haha :( 

So now I am  looking for an (shared) appartment off-campus. I've read that Wudaokou is a good place to find appartments for students. 

How about you?

• New Members

Hi All,

I'm also going to be Tsinghua Language Course newcomer who's arriving this September from England. My Chinese ability is basic, so i'll probably have to start from square one.

Like others here I also went on the dorm booking site, but within seconds everything had already been snatched up. I've also heard that Wudaokou is the place to be for international students as it is quite lively and close to the uni.

I'm currently looking for (shared) accommodation, so feel free to contact me if you want to discuss things further.

Looking forward to seeing people this September :)

Alfie

• New Members

Hello people, 

I did the semester last year and will be continuing the September semester too. The single rooms were completely booked when i applied in February, but i was able to secure an ab room, then exchanged for a single room when i arrived. So do not despair, ask the attendants when you arrive there might still be some place. Looking forward to meet everybody. Let me know if you require further information, ill help if i can

• Helpful 1