Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Miske_elvilaly

Soccer career in Beijing!

Miske_elvilaly

Hey everyone , My name is Miske a Soccer Player and a Machine Learning Student . Do you know the possibilities for a foreigner to play in the top leagues in Beijing?

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Balthazar

Top leagues? You'll need some talent then (perhaps contrary to popular belief). Have you played soccerfootball professionally in your own country? Maybe try to get in touch with an agent in Beijing?

On a side note, one of my most embarrassing moments in China was when I joined a football training session with some students at Xiamen University. As a European, I was expected to be some sort of football-god (didn't help that there was a really talented Russian guy playing there), but I was probably the worst player on the field. Also didn't help that I had consumed half a bottle of baijiu the night before, but I'd probably be the worst player regardless 😃

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

道艺黄帝

What the heck is a machine learning student lol

• Like 1

Miske_elvilaly

Thanks for the helpful post Balthazar . I think i am pretty talented been playing professionally all my life in my country and i am 22 years old . Thanks. 

Lu

I accidentally deleted Miske's post in which he explained machine learning is a field in computer science. Sorry Miske, and now you know, everyone. Please proceed!

• Like 1

Jim

I read an article ages ago about a team of young lads from various African nations who play in a local amateur league while they hope to get trials etc. at the pro clubs, so I think it might be technically feasible to get it via that route but perhaps now there's even more money in the game here it's all agents.

• Helpful 1

roddy
On 7/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, Lu said:

I accidentally deleted Miske's post

Restored!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Miske_elvilaly

Do you know if international students in China are banned from playing football with the university team in city level and national competitions ?And have u heard of an international student who pursued a footballer career in China 🇨🇳 .Thanks in advance .🙂.

Miske_elvilaly

Do you know if international students in China are banned from playing football with the university team in city level and national competitions ?And have u heard of an international student who pursued a footballer career in China 🇨🇳 .

roddy

Merging. 

mungouk

I just stumbled across this classified ad on The Beijinger (seems I'm stumbling lots lately)... for trials in Shanghai.

I've no idea if this is real or not — the yahoo.com email doesn't inspire confidence really — but you could at least contact the guy to check him out?