Chinese-Forums

Documents for a marriage in Cyprus

Chris84

Hi guys,

I wonder if any of you can help with an answer to my problem.

I'm an EU citizen and my girlfriend is a Chinese citizen and we are going to get married in Cyprus this September.

We have done all the visa requirements, but for the marriage ceremony, the authorities from Cyprus have asked for a Single Certificate among other docs. For me is not a problem, I got it very easy, but for her is a problem. The Chinese authorities do not know or do not issue this kind of document and I don't know what to tell her to ask for.

Do you guys know if this document has a different name in China, or how it is called in Chinese? (I tried the google translations but don't work very well).

I know in English it is also known as Affidavit of Single Status, Certificate of No Impediment, Certificate of No Record of Marriage, Certificate of No Impediment

Or if you've been in this situation, please let me know how you solve it.

Many thanks,

Chris

• Like 1

It’s often called a 单身证明 in Chinese. A quick google search in Chinese gives a fair few results. Including one with a step by step list and a video (here) and also the one 889 posted above. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you guys, we've managed to solve it.

Reading through the website 889 sent, we realised that the law is changed and the single certificate is now a personal statement, that has to be translated and notarised, and of course with the stamp of the Foreign Affairs Minister. The authorities in Cyprus have accepted this is the right way to do it.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1