Chinese-Forums

Working in Guangzhou

安弟

• New Members

Hi, My name is Andy and I married a chinese woman 6 years ago. I was living in china than for one year and I really love tho live here. I study chinese, love chinese culture and people. It is the place where I want to be. There is only one difficulty I found it hard to find work because I did not graduate on Highschool. I can stay in china because of the marriage but how can I find work??? I want to work as a hairstylist. Does  anybody know if this in general is possible? Does anybody have similar experiences or any way to help with my dream to come back to China?

Some businesses like to hire foreigners simply as a customer draw. Given that hair places in China are often visible from the street and seem competitive, I would have thought they fall into this group.

Of course the more you resemble the Chinese image of a 老外 the better your chances.

Not sure if the money would support a good life for you and your family, though.

Are you a professional and experienced hair stylist?

There are a couple of foreign operated / owned / managed hair salons in Beijing catering mostly to foreigners and hoping to bring in Chinese customers as well (Western style I guess?). 

If you've got the money you could look into starting something similar.