Chinese-Forums

S1 visa to study Chinese language

Leasfoy

• New Members

I just moved to China a few weeks ago, and this is my last week to apply for my resident permit, before I came here I've applied to learn Chinese at Nanjing University. I explained to them that I was going in a spouse visa and asked if I'd have to change it for a student visa and the answer was no, I don't have to do it. But now my husband works place is saying that I have to do my residence permit with the University, and change my Visa. I really can't do the course with the s1 visa? 

Also, I don't think I'll have enough time to do the whole process with the school now, since they never told me anything. I am afraid that I'll have to wait until next semester to apply again...

Maybe I'm missing something but what business is it of your husband's work place . Why do they have to know your doing a Chinese course?

Could it be they don't want to go to the trouble of assisting in getting a spouse visa.

If the university have no issues with you doing it on a spouse visa then I'd go for that. I had several classmates  studying chinese full time on spouse visas.