Chinese-Forums

普通话水平测试 & 普通话学习 app > Native Chinese Pronunciation Study Resource

Weyland

Here is a Guide that does a better job than this forum post at explaining the app.

!notice! You need a CN/TW/HK phone number to register an account. 

While for most of the people on this forum the 普通话水平测试 (Putonghua Proficiency Test - PSC) is a bit of an awkward fit, as even the HSK doesn't stress proper pronunciation. It is still a test many people in China have to take, whether it be as part of their University degree or because they want a job as a teacher, government worker, secretary, receptionist or even work in state media. All these positions require a certain proficiency certificate through the PSC. 

I've searched the forums and know that in the past people expressed their interest in taking the PSC, but I haven't seen anyone share the 普通话学习 (Putonghua Xuexi) app on these forums. It has the ability to test your own pronunciation and will tell you which words you've mispronounced (or pronounced not well enough for the system to pick up on them). It's a free app that allows you to buy "all" the content for 9.99元 (WeChat/支付宝) and the only catch is that you do need a Chinese/Taiwanese/Hong Kong mobile number to register an account. 

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

The first lesson to "a class" is always accessible regardless of how much you've paid, so if you don't have WeChat money to spend then you could slowly save up study points to buy lessons by logging in every day. It should start you off with enough points to purchase any of the starting (基础) lessons though. Every person has his own "referral" code (优惠码) they can share with you to get an instant 100 points (学币) with which you can buy lessons. Though I'm 100% sure there is a cool-down on these actions. So if any of the people reading this post using my code (t2z79t) be so kind to share their own code as I'm sure only one person can use my code per day (or longer than that... again, not sure).

I tend to memorize words and their pronunciation while I'm either lifting weights or swimming. As such I've typed out contents of the lessons I've practiced so far and can be found on my Dropbox.

spacer.png

My personal plan is to get my pronunciation good enough to score as far as possible into the 90+ percentile. If any of you are interested in beating me to the punch, then please do join me! You don't need to have passed HSK6 to be able to start practicing the contents of this test. Heck, if you're at HSK4 I would suggest you download the app and take a look at the things I shared in my Dropbox. 

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Over these last few days I've not made much progress due to an ear-infection. But, I've made some Pleco flashcards for the contents of those lessons to share with you guys.

Latest 普通话学习 app content Flashcards (27/09/2019)

Screenshot_20190918-214016.thumb.jpg.e3a9f68540fd945e321828cab866bfd6.jpg Typed out the content into word doc (see Dropbox)622446626_WordDocumentExample.thumb.jpg.8bf6d0e897d5b49f0f2ec48e1cb9e3a7.jpg

I saw that someone used my code (which is great), but didn't reply to this thread (which is unfortunate). If people do sign up to the app, but after using it don't think it suits them; please do share your referral code. If some of you do I can make a list of referral codes, and thus essentially making the app FREE. There is a cooldown (might be a day, might be longer, not sure) for codes being used. This is what your code looks like (click on> 分享送学币) 

Screenshot_20190927-180243.thumb.jpg.86707d452a9ef0e531a2855e50dc6ec2.jpg

I personally don't need the 学币, as I have an surplus of 3820 and nothing I want to spend it on (already paid for membership which is 9.99元). Still, let's pass it on. Be frugal.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

- Major Update (MOST FOREIGNER FRIENDLY EVER!) -

0723394fd1eb5450c3e112b055a59b89cc00f23e7.thumb.jpg.e2e1c163e8bbc0f3958dccf316a84a99.jpg

If you've been hesitant when it comes to trying out this app; that's fair. After all, the complete vocabulary of the test is a humbling total of 17,789 words. Which, let's be fair, can be quite disheartening, especially if your own vocabulary isn't even half of that. That's why I too have been writing up “word lists" for every lesson to at least have some substance to plow through when practicing my pronunciation. This, luckily, is no longer necessary.

1052309051_.thumb.jpeg.69fb8e661f093edb3f2a5f86cc104827.jpeg

The app has just been updated with a new function; 【 纠音训练模式 / 纠音强化训练 】, which plainly translates to “Intensive Intonation Drill". A function to correct the intonation of words and characters, you might be unfamiliar with. And to further point out which sounds you have the most difficulties. The best thing is YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE WORDS/CHARACTERS for this function to be of major help. As, guess what? The pronunciation of ever word is provided prominently. It's not a test, rather it's a journey. And let me guide you through it.

856062630_03.thumb.png.b5660887d673909dfc737ed493e3abe7.png
(While these terms might get technical, I'm merely explaining them so that everyone can try this out regardless of their Chinese)

So, when you first use this function you'll be greeted with a blank data sheet. Going from top to bottom;

错及收藏字词 X 个: Here you'll see the collection of the issues you have divided up in 5(+) categories,

Then in the middle you'll encounter the total amount of words/characters with faulty pronunciation. It goes without saying that this number will rise till you've gone through all the content, to then slowly degrade as you start fixing your mistakes. Or if you don't like having a growing total of mistakes you can always fix halt your progress till you've fixed all your mistakes by clicking the yellow 强化训练 button in the lower left, which will help you hammer down the mistakes you've made so far.

After that  you'll have the 训练记录 just below that which is the accumulation of the scores from the standard test, which you can access by pushing the green 开始常规训练 button in the lower right.

Finally, at the bottom of the page you'll have the total amount of word/characters you've gone through. Mistakes you've corrected. And, time you've spend in this test.

1086988273_02.thumb.png.ff97c2360e68dd361a6c3d04eab5585f.png

Onto the actual test. They'll provide you with a collection of single characters and words for you to read out loud. Like I said; you don't need to know the meaning behind the characters, or their pronunciation as the pinyin is portrayed alongside the characters. Not only that they'll pronounce it for you beforehand, which you can skip. Once you've finished reading these out loud they'll mark them for you. Orange means that they're not up to snuff; that the program is able to distinguish it from your pronunciation, but that you have an accent. Red means that the program isn't able to pick it up, either because of faulty pronunciation or improper enunciation. Together with a mark for that section. In total they'll test 300 words, divided over 15 sections. 

1005908711_04.thumb.png.0b95b7a4bbe4f4e027e4b9e8826d6d9d.png

When that is all said and done you'll be greeted with your score and given an overview of all the mistakes you've made. You can listen to your own pronunciation and they'll give you pointers as to which parts are wrong. It's really neat. You can take all the time you want.

858472855_01.thumb.png.dde41be630c5101173751fb6ff543faa.png

Let's move on to the big button at the bottom, which just like the yellow 强化训练 button in the lower left at the very start takes you to the function that aids you in hammering out (all) the mistakes you've made so far. The length of which you can choose for yourself. Whether you want to spend 3 minutes or 30 minutes, the program will adjust the exercises accordingly.

1769398171_0.thumb.jpg.780463dcf56d28b4c8f15950a58e49fe.jpg

1829716486_05.thumb.png.f27f189da180f3351b930427f9430b60.png

Now, I'm going to assume that you've downloaded the app and have done some exercises. Because once you've done that you can access the collection of your mistakes and work on them individually as portrayed in the library above.

PS: If you don't have a Chinese phone number you could always search google for "burner phone numbers", as Taiwanese/Hong Kongnese phone numbers work as well when registering an account.

Spoiler

Test

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a selection of prose tested on the PSC. Might as well post them here as I've been practicing 'm as of late.

Also... I messed up the spoilers. How?

作品1号:《海上日出》(巴金)共420字  

Spoiler
为了看日出,我常常早起。那时天还没有大亮,周围很静,只听见船里机器的声音。

还是一片浅蓝,很浅很浅的。转眼间,天水相接的地方出现了一道红霞。红霞的范围慢慢扩大,越来越亮。我知道太阳就要从天边升起来了,便目不转睛地望着那里。

果然,过了一会儿,那里出现了太阳的小半边脸,红是红的很,却没有亮光。太阳像负着什么重担似的,慢慢儿,一纵一纵地,使劲儿向上升。到了最后,它终于冲破了云霞,完全跳出了海面,颜色真红得可爱。一刹那间,这深红的圆东西发出夺目的亮光,射得人眼睛发痛。它旁边的云也突然有了光彩。

有时太阳躲进云里。阳光透过云缝直射到水面上,很难分辨出哪里是水,哪里是天,只看见一片灿烂的亮光。

有时候天边有黑云,而且云片很厚,太阳升起来,人就不能够看见。然而太阳在黑云背后放射它的光芒,给黑云镶了一道光亮的金边。后来,太阳慢慢透出重围,出现在天空,把一片片云染成了紫色或者红色。这时候,不仅是太阳、云和海水,连我自己也成了光亮的了。

这不是伟大的奇观么?

作品2号:《可爱的小鸟》(王文杰) 共587字 

Spoiler

Spoiler

没有一片绿叶,没有一缕炊烟,没有一粒泥土,没有一丝花香,只有水的世界,云的海洋。 

一阵台风袭过,一只孤单的小鸟无家可归,落到被卷到洋里的木板上,乘流而下,姗姗而来,近了,近了!…… 

忽然,小鸟张开翅膀,在人们头顶盘旋了几圈儿,噗啦一声落到了船上。许是累了?还是发现了新大陆?水手撵它它不走,抓它,它乖乖地落在掌心。可爱的小鸟和善良的水手结成了朋友。 

瞧,它多美丽,娇巧的小嘴,啄理着绿色的羽毛,鸭子样的扁脚,呈现出春草的鹅黄。水手们把它带到舱里,给它搭铺,让它在船上安家落户,每天,把分到的一塑料筒淡水匀给它喝,把从祖国带来的鲜美的鱼肉分给它吃,天长日久,小鸟和水手的感情日趋笃厚。清晨,当第一束阳光射进舷窗时,它便敞开美丽的歌喉,唱啊唱,嘤嘤有韵,宛如春水淙淙。人类给它以生命,它毫不悭吝地把自己的艺术青春奉献给了哺育它的人。可能都是这样?艺术家们的青春只会献给尊敬他们的人。 

小鸟给远航生活蒙上了一层浪漫色调。返航时,人们爱不释手,恋恋不舍地想把它带到异乡。可小鸟憔悴了,给水,不喝!喂肉,不吃!油亮的羽毛失去了光泽。是啊,我//们有自己的祖国,小鸟也有它的归宿,人和动物都是一样啊,哪儿也不如故乡好! 

慈爱的水手们决定放开它,让它回到大海的摇篮去,回到蓝色的故乡去。离别前,这个大自然的朋友与水手们留影纪念。它站在许多人的头上,肩上,掌上,胳膊上,与喂养过它的人们,一起融进那蓝色的画面……

作品3号:《珍珠鸟》(冯骥才)共1,042字 

Spoiler

Spoiler

真好!朋友送我一对珍珠鸟。放在一个简易的竹条编成的笼子里,笼内还有一卷干草,那是小鸟儿舒适又温暖的巢。

有人说,这是一种怕人的鸟。

我把它挂在窗前。那儿还有一大盆异常茂盛的法国吊兰。我便用吊兰长长的、串生着小绿叶的垂蔓蒙盖在鸟笼上,它们就像躲进深幽的丛林一样安全;从中传出的笛儿般又细又亮的叫声,也就格外轻松自在了。

阳光从窗外射入,透过这里,吊兰那些无数指甲状的小叶,一半成了黑影,一半被照透,如同碧玉,斑斑驳驳,生意葱茏。小鸟的影子就在这中间隐约闪动,看不完整,有时连笼子也看不出,却见它们可爱的鲜红小嘴儿从绿叶中伸出来。

我很少扒开叶蔓瞧它们,它们便渐渐敢伸出小脑袋瞅瞅我。我们就这样一点点熟悉了。 三个月后,那一团越发繁茂的绿蔓里边,发出一种尖细又娇嫩的鸣叫。我猜到,是它们有了雏儿。我呢,决不掀开叶片往里看,连添食加水时也不睁大好奇的眼去惊动它们。过不多久,忽然有一个更小的脑袋从叶间探出来。哟,雏儿!正是这小家伙!它小,就能轻易地由疏格的笼子钻出身。瞧,多么像它的父母:红嘴红脚,灰蓝色的毛,只是后背还没生出珍珠似的圆圆的白点;它好肥,整个身子好像一个蓬松的球儿。

起先,这小家伙只在笼子四周活动,随后就在屋里飞来飞去,一会儿落在柜顶上,一会儿神气十足地站在书架上,啄着书背上那些大文豪的名字,一会儿把灯绳撞得来回摇动,跟着逃到画框上去了。只要大鸟儿在笼里生气地叫一声,它立即飞回笼里去。

我不管它。这样久了,打开窗子,它最多只在窗框上站一会儿,决不飞出去。

渐渐地它胆子大了,就落在我的书桌上。

它先是离我较远,见我不去伤害它,便一点点挨近,然后蹦到我的杯子上,俯下头来喝茶,再偏过脸瞧瞧我的反应。我只是微微一笑,依旧写东西,它就放开胆子跑到稿纸上,绕着我的笔尖蹦来蹦去;跳动的小红爪子在纸上发出嚓嚓响。

我不动声色地写,默默享受着这小家伙亲近的情意。这样,它完全放心了,索性用那涂了蜡似的、角质的小红嘴,嗒嗒啄着我颤动的笔尖。我用手抚一抚它细腻的绒毛,它也不怕,反而友好地啄两下我的手指。

白天,它这样淘气地陪伴我;天色入暮,它就在父母再三的呼唤声中,飞向笼子,扭动滚圆的身子,挤开那些绿叶钻进去。

有一天,我伏案写作时,它居然落到我的肩上。我手中的笔不觉停了,生怕惊跑它。呆一会儿,扭头看,这小家伙竟趴在我的肩头睡着了,银灰色的眼睑盖住眸子,小红脚刚好给胸脯上长长的绒毛盖住。我轻轻抬一抬肩,它没醒,睡得好熟!还咂咂嘴,难道在做梦?

我笔尖一动,流泻下一时的感受:

信赖,往往创造出美好的境界。

作品4号:《丑石》( 贾平凹 )共1,031字

Spoiler

Spoiler
我常常遗憾我家门前的那块丑石呢:它黑黝黝地卧在那里,牛似的模样;谁也不知道是什么时候留在这里的,谁也不去理会它。只是麦收时节,门前摊了麦子,奶奶总是要说:这块丑石,多碍地面哟,多时把它搬走吧。于是,伯父家盖房,想以它垒山墙,但苦于它极不规则,没棱角儿,也没平面儿;用錾破开吧,又懒得花那么大气力,因为河滩并不甚远,随便去掮一块回来,哪一块也比它强。房盖起来,压铺台阶,伯父也没有看上它。有一年,来了一个石匠,为我家洗一台石磨,奶奶又说:用这块丑石吧,省得从远处搬动。石匠看了看,摇着头,嫌它石质太细,也不采用。
它不像汉白玉那样的细腻,可以凿下刻字雕花,也不像大青石那样的光滑,可以供来浣纱捶布;它静静地卧在那里,院边的槐荫没有庇覆它,花儿也不再在它身边生长。荒草便繁衍出来,枝蔓上下,慢慢地,竟锈上了绿苔、黑斑。我们这些做孩子的,也讨厌起它来,曾合伙要搬走它,但力气又不足;虽时时咒骂它,嫌弃它,也无可奈何,只好任它留在那里去了。
稍稍能安慰我们的,是在那石上有一个不大不小的坑凹儿,雨天就盛满了水。常常雨过三天了,地上已经干燥,那石凹里水儿还有,鸡儿便去那里渴饮。每每到了十五的夜晚,我们盼着满月出来,就爬到其上,翘望天边;奶奶总是要骂的,害怕我们摔下来。果然那一次就摔了下来,磕破了我的膝盖呢。
人都骂它是丑石,它真是丑得不能再丑的丑石了。
终有一日,村子里来了一个天文学家。他在我家门前路过,突然发现了这块石头,眼光立即就拉直了。他再没有走去,就住了下来;以后又来了好些人,说这是一块陨石,从天上落下来已经有二三百年了,是一件了不起的东西。不久便来了车,小心翼翼地将它运走了。
这使我们都很惊奇!这又怪又丑的石头,原来是天上的呢!它补过天,在天上发过热,闪过光,我们的先祖或许仰望过它,它给了他们光明,向往,憧憬;而它落下来了,在污土里,荒草里,一躺就是几百年了?!
奶奶说:“真看不出!它那么不一般,却怎么连墙也垒不成,台阶也垒不成呢?”
“它是太丑了。”天文学家说。
“真的,是太丑了。”
“可这正是它的美!”天文学家说,“它是以丑为美的。”
“以丑为美?”
“是的,丑到极处,便是美到极处。正因为它不是一般的顽石,当然不能去做墙,做台阶,不能去雕刻,捶布。它不是做这些玩意儿的,所以常常就遭到一般世俗的讥讽。”
奶奶脸红了,我也脸红了。
我感到自己的可耻,也感到了丑石的伟大;我甚至怨恨它这么多年竟会默默地忍受着这一切,而我又立即深深地感到它那种不屈于误解的寂寞的生存的伟大。

作品5号:《春》(朱自清) 共745字

Spoiler

Spoiler
盼望着,盼望着,东风来了,春天的脚步近了。
一切都像刚睡醒的样子,欣欣然张开了眼。山朗润起来了,水涨起来了,太阳的脸红起来了。
小草偷偷地从土里钻出来,嫩嫩的,绿绿的。园子里,田野里,瞧去,一大片一大片满是的。坐着,躺着,打两个滚,踢几脚球,赛几趟跑,捉几回迷藏。风轻悄悄的,草软绵绵的。
桃树、杏树、梨树,你不让我,我不让你,都开满了花赶趟儿。红的像火,粉的像霞,白的像雪。花里带着甜味儿;闭了眼,树上仿佛已经满是桃儿、杏儿、梨儿。花下成千成百的蜜蜂嗡嗡地闹着,大小的蝴蝶飞来飞去。野花遍地是:杂样儿,有名字的,没名字的,散在草丛里,像眼睛,像星星,还眨呀眨的。
“吹面不寒杨柳风”,不错的,像母亲的手抚摸着你。风里带来些新翻的泥土的气息,混着青草味儿,还有各种花的香,都在微微润湿的空气里酝酿。鸟儿将窠巢安在繁花嫩叶当中 [2]  ,高兴起来了,呼朋引伴地卖弄清脆的喉咙,唱出宛转的曲子,与轻风流水应和着。牛背上牧童的短笛,这时候也成天嘹亮地响着。
雨是最寻常的,一下就是三两天。可别恼。看,像牛毛,像花针,像细丝,密密地斜织着,人家屋顶上全笼着一层薄烟。树叶儿却绿得发亮,小草儿也青得逼你的眼。傍晚时候,上灯了,一点点黄晕的光,烘托出一片安静而和平的夜。在乡下,小路上,石桥边,有撑起伞慢慢走着的人,地里还有工作的农民,披着蓑戴着笠。他们的房屋,稀稀疏疏的在雨里静默着。
天上风筝渐渐多了,地上孩子也多了。城里乡下,家家户户,老老小小,也赶趟儿似的,一个个都出来了。舒活舒活筋骨,抖擞抖擞精神,各做各的一份事去。“一年之计在于春”,刚起头儿,有的是工夫,有的是希望。
春天像刚落地的娃娃,从头到脚都是新的,它生长着。
春天像小姑娘,花枝招展的,笑着,走着。
春天像健壮的青年,有铁一般的胳膊和腰脚,领着我们上前去。

作品6号:《 一言既出 》(爱薇)共475字

Spoiler

Spoiler

到纽约,不去看看闻名世界的自然历史博物馆,将会是件憾事。这个由一百多个国营、民营基金会、两百多家大公司及五十多万会员鼎力相助支持的民营机构,收藏了数十万件价值连城的物品,实在值得一看再看,其中包括中国周口店发现的史前人类头盖骨等。

第一次去参观时,刚好在一楼的摩根纪念馆欣赏闪闪晶亮的各种宝石。忽然,一位男导游迅速脱下夹克,盖在一块数百公斤重的大石头的一个缺口上,再将带来的游客叫到跟前:

“你们看着,这只是一块普通的石头吧!这位女士请你过来一下!”一位游客走到前面,导游员将夹克像变魔术似的拿开,那女士伸头望了一下,不禁大声“啊!”地叫了起来。

随着这一声惊叫,我和其他游客一块涌上前去,看个究竟。原来里面竟然是耀眼闪光的紫水晶。导游员说话了:

“这块石头有个动人的故事。它原本是弃置在一位美国人住所的院子里。有一天,主人因石头有碍观瞻,就叫人来将它搬走。谁知就在搬上卡车时,工人一时失手,石头掉在地上,碰裂了一个缺口,大家就像你们刚才一样,都叫了起来,因为这并不是一块普通的石头,而是一块紫水晶。”主人知道真相后,平静地说:“这块石头,我本来就是要丢掉的。现在虽然发现它是宝物,想必是上帝的旨意,我一言既出,绝不反悔。我决定不占为已有,而将它送给博物馆,让更多的人来欣赏。”

作品7号:《朋友和其他》(杏林子) 共610字

Spoiler

Spoiler

朋友即将远行。 

暮春时节,又邀了几位朋友在家小聚。虽然都是极熟的朋友,却是终年难得一见,偶尔电话里相遇,也无非是几句寻常话。一锅小米稀饭,一碟大头菜,一盘自家酿制的泡菜,一只巷口买回的烤鸭,简简单单,不像请客,倒像家人团聚。 

其实,友情也好,爱情也好,久而久之都会转化为亲情。 

说也奇怪,和新朋友会谈文学、谈哲学、谈人生道理等等,和老朋友却只话家常,柴米油盐,细细碎碎,种种琐事。很多时候,心灵的契合已经不需要太多的言语来表达。 

朋友新烫了个头,不敢回家见母亲,恐怕惊骇了老人家,却欢天喜地来见我们,老朋友颇能以一种趣味性的眼光欣赏这个改变。 

年少的时候,我们差不多都在为别人而活,为苦口婆心的父母活,为循循善诱的师长活,为许多观念、许多传统的约束力而活。年岁逐增,渐渐挣脱外在的限制与束缚,开始懂得为自己活,照自己的方式做一些自己喜欢的事,不在乎别人的批评意见,不在乎别人的诋毁流言,只在乎那一份随心所欲的舒坦自然。偶尔,也能够纵容自己放浪一下,并且有一种恶作剧的窃喜。 

就让生命顺其自然,水到渠成吧,犹如窗前的//乌桕,自生自落之间,自有一份圆融丰满的喜悦。春雨轻轻落着,没有诗,没有酒,有的只是一份相知相属的自在自得。 

夜色在笑语中渐渐沉落,朋友起身告辞,没有挽留,没有送别,甚至也没有问归期。 

已经过了大喜大悲的岁月,已经过了伤感流泪的年华,知道了聚散原来是这样的自然和顺理成章,懂得这点,便懂得珍惜每一次相聚的温馨,离别便也欢喜。

作品8号:《落花生》(许地山)共496字

Spoiler

Spoiler
我们家的后园有半亩空地,母亲说:“让它荒着怪可惜的,你们那么爱吃花生,就开辟出来种花生吧。”我们姐弟几个都很高兴,买种,翻地,播种,浇水,施肥,没过几个月,居然收获了。
母亲说:“今晚我们过一个收获节,请你们父亲也来尝尝我们的落花生,好不好?”母亲把花生做成了好几样食品,还吩咐就在后园的茅草亭过这个节。
晚上天色不太好,可是父亲也来了,实在很难得。
父亲说:“你们爱吃花生么?”
我们争着答应:“爱!”
“谁能把花生的好处说出来?”
姐姐说:“花生的味儿美。”
哥哥说:“花生可以榨油。”
我说:“花生的价钱便宜,谁都可以买来吃,都喜欢吃。这就是它的好处。”
父亲说:“花生的好处很多,有一样最可贵:它的果实埋在地里,不像桃子、石榴、苹果那样,把鲜红嫩绿的果实高高地挂在枝头上,使人一见就生爱慕之心。你们看它矮矮地长在地上,等到成熟了,也不能立刻分辨出来它有没有果实,必须挖起来才知道。”
我们都说是,母亲也点点头。
父亲接下去说:“所以你们要像花生一样,它虽然不好看,可是很有用。”
我说:“那么,人要做有用的人,不要做只讲体面,而对别人没有好处的人。”
父亲说:“对。这是我对你们的希望。”
我们谈到深夜才散。花生做的食品都吃完了,父亲的话却深深地印在我的心上。

作品9号:《火烧云》(萧红) 共581字

Spoiler

Spoiler

晚饭过后,火烧云上来了。霞光照得小孩子的脸红红的,大白狗变成红的了,红公鸡变成金的了,黑母鸡变成紫檀色的了。喂猪的老头儿在墙根站着,笑盈盈地看着他的两头小白猪变成小金猪了。他刚想说:“你们也变了······”旁边走来个乘凉的人,对他说:“您老人家必要高寿,您老是金胡子了。”
天上的云从西边一直烧到东边,红彤彤的,好像是天空着了火。
这地方的火烧云变化极多,一会儿红彤彤的,一会儿金灿灿的,一会儿半紫半黄,一会儿半灰半百合色。葡萄灰,梨黄,茄子紫,这些颜色天空都有,还有些说也说不出来、见也没见过的颜色。
一会儿,天空出现一匹马,马头向南,马尾向西。马是跪着的,像是在等人骑到它的背上,它才站起来似的。过了两三秒钟,那匹马大起来了。马腿伸开了,马脖子也长了,一条马尾巴可不见了。看的人正在寻找马尾巴,那匹马就变模糊了。
忽然又来了一条大狗。那条狗十分凶猛,它在前面跑着,后边似乎还跟着好几条小狗。跑着跑着,小狗不知跑哪里去了,大狗也不见了。
接着又来了一头大狮子,跟庙门前的大石头狮子一模一样,也是那么大,也是那么蹲着,很威武很镇静地蹲着。可是一转眼就变了,想要再看到那头大狮子,怎么也看不到了。
一时恍恍惚惚的,天空里又像这个,又像那个,其实什么也不像,什么也看不清了。必须低下头,揉一揉眼睛,沉静一会儿再看。可是天空偏偏不等待那些爱好它的孩子。一会儿工夫,火烧云下去了。

作品10号:《第一场雪》(峻青) 共590字

Spoiler
Spoiler

这是入冬以来,胶东半岛上第一场雪。

雪纷纷扬扬,下得很大。开始还伴着一阵儿小雨,不久就只见大片大片的雪花,从彤云密布的天空中飘落下来。地面上一会儿就白了。冬天的山村,到了夜里就万籁俱寂,只听得雪花簌簌地不断往下落,树木的枯枝被雪压断了,偶尔咯吱一声响。

大雪整整下了一夜。今天早晨,天放晴了,太阳出来了。推开门一看,嗬!好大的雪啊!山川、河流、树木、房屋,全都罩上了一层厚厚的雪,万里江山,变成了粉妆玉砌的世界。落光了叶子的柳树上挂满了毛茸茸亮晶晶的银条儿;而那些冬夏常青的松树和柏树上,则挂满了蓬松松沉甸甸的雪球儿。一阵风吹来,树枝轻轻地摇晃,美丽的银条儿和雪球儿簌簌地落下来,玉屑似的雪末儿随风飘扬,映着清晨的阳光,显出一道道五光十色的彩虹。

大街上的积雪足有一尺多深,人踩上去,脚底下发出咯吱咯吱的响声。一群群孩子在雪地里堆雪人,掷雪球儿。那欢乐的叫喊声,把树枝上的雪都震落下来了。

俗话说,“瑞雪兆丰年”。这个话有充分的科学根据,并不是一句迷信的成语。寒冬大雪,可以冻死一部分越冬的害虫;融化了的水渗进土层深处,又能供应//庄稼生长的需要。我相信这一场十分及时的大雪,一定会促进明年春季作物,尤其是小麦的丰收。有经验的老农把雪比做是“麦子的棉被”。冬天“棉被”盖得越厚,明春麦子就长得越好,所以又有这样一句谚语:“冬天麦盖三层被,来年枕着馒头睡”。

我想,这就是人们为什么把及时的大雪称为“瑞雪”的道理吧。

Ok, I'm not sure what the problem is, but I suspect a browser plug-in. When I look at the source there's a whole load of unnecessary HTML and 'protected by grammarly' notes - do you have a grammarly plugin active? Often editor problems are down to a clash between the editor on here and a plug-in on the users browser. 

The post HTML has got so mangled, on each attempt at a spoiler, that it'd be a headache to try and fix it in the source. I'd suggest disabling the plugin and trying again. 

Edit: or is it the editor attempting to disable grammarly, because it knows it's a problem, but that's not working properly? Really not sure.

• 4 months later...

Wondering whether people would be interested in a guide for this app. Just so that even the most elementary of students can benefit from it. E.g.:

101267246_BLANKMainScreen.thumb.jpg.9bcb694e17692c2142a58cf7f78d05c5.jpg 1536522667_EDITMainScreen.thumb.jpg.549ce3b0f80e3a6abefa99db0fa79b11.jpg

智能纠音:AI Pronunciation Correction
AI-driven test that provides the user with list of words together with their pronunciation and grades the pronunciation of each component; initial syllable (声母), final syllable (韵母), and tone (声调). The test keeps track of your mistakes, sub-categorizes them,
which allows you to revisit them later for further revision.

发音:Pronunciation / Chinese Syllable Chart
A chart of the syllables and all their tones which you can listen to individually

AI 学习: Self-test & Study Plan
Approximates your proficiency in Mandarin by giving you a short 5 minute test, the re
sult of which it will use to create a lesson plan of the various

我的课程:Your Classes
Quick overview of your latest classes.

电台:Broadcasting Station
Features weekly media fragments of actors, narrators and voice actors with clear pronunciation. Ranging from audio books, movies and documentaries.

课程:List of Lessons
List of all available classes on the app. The classes are subdivided in foundation (基础备考), specifics (考点专项), further improvement (高分加训), and

发现:Community Posts
Record yourself and share it with the community. As well as listen to fellow students, and comment on / follow their progress.

我的:Profile & Settings
Other than the daily sign-in (打卡) for study coins (学币) it’s pretty self-explanitory.

Actually created a guide. See this post for more information.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 大块头 said:

Weyland, have you ever pointed this app at a native Chinese speaker to see how well they score on the AI pronunciation test?

Very few of my Chinese related interactions are with other foreigners, so naturally.

These are the most recent results of one of my friends;

mmexport1592446005206.thumb.jpg.46720f07fad9a56d0e8cfe79962090c1.jpg

The lowest I have received was in the high 70s range (which made sense, as the would be almost impossible to understand for most foreigners). While the highest I have received is 98分+. I don't think this app is able to distinguish between the who highest levels, neither is the actual computer-based test. If you're taking the exam for 一级甲等 it will done by through a bunch of examiners anyway. That and 30% of the test result is dependent on grammar and word choice. So if you use a lot of non-PSC vocabulary and improper sentence structures in the free-spoken section; your score will tank.

• 4 months later...

Would really like to try this out and found it on the Apple App store. Despite being able to create an account via Apple, it still wants you to link a mobile number, and while it gives you all the countries in the world as options, it rejects UK numbers as incorrect. Can't be bothered messing about with burner numbers.

Thanks for keeping the topic updated, Weyland.

Just signed up for the app and used your code.  Looks pretty interesting, going to give it a shot! My code is zfpila if anyone wants to use it.

An important update to the initial post: you do NOT need a chinese phone number to sign up.  I signed up with my wechat account, it prompted me for a phone number, I put in a US one (have to add an extra 1 at the beginning, even though it was supplied), and it signed up without issue.

We'll see how this goes!

Bummer.

I took the evaluation test.  Not sure what to think about the results, though.  My character recognition isn't high enough to not be dependent on Pleco's OCR.  二级乙等 is not what my pronunciation is at in a real world setting of conversations, full sentences, etc, since I forget word tones occasionally, have grammar errors, and more limited vocab than native speakers.  Still, this might be a good way to train output improvement, which can be one of the hardest things to get corrections on.Screenshot_20201106-120618.thumb.jpg.8ccdd5b86a5bc014ac90fccbc8eac1a9.jpg