Chinese-Forums

普通话水平测试 & 普通话学习 app > Native Chinese Pronunciation Study Resource

Weyland

11 hours ago, jiaojiao87 said:

二级乙等 is not what my pronunciation is at in a real world setting of conversations, full sentences, etc.

Yeah, sadly the self-test as of now only tests characters and words. Though there are a few classes that focus solely on sentences. There is the "精选原版视频 跟主播连语", which has you read along with segments from documentaries / series. But, the more "natural" would be the 主题演讲训练 / 普测真题 命题说话, which, like shown below, focuses on you stating your opinion on a topic in a free-form essay.

Screenshot_20201107-092753.thumb.jpg.bf90ca16c156287712d80f1217f78dff.jpgScreenshot_20201107-092806.thumb.jpg.3f2c2d37b1005cace3d99c79b74b5b4a.jpgScreenshot_20201107-092815.thumb.jpg.a9944bfd220303e0da46f15928a8580a.jpgScreenshot_20201107-092835.thumb.jpg.6414af981e59e2ec10a4116915d77e6a.jpg

There are currently two versions available (though I'm not certain whether the old ones are still available for new members, so if that isn't the case; here are those same ones but from the web) the new ones let you switch between a male and female announcer.

7 hours ago, thelearninglearner said:

Got the app up and running. My initial test results were horrible. So the app should be pretty useful then. Yay

My first results were in the low 50s, and now I'm consistently hitting in the 90-92 range. So, I think it's pretty useful. If you encounter a bottleneck; approach a native who is decent pronunciation to help you point out mistakes.

12 hours ago, roddy said:

Thanks, had another shot but no joy. Even tried with the +. Code, no code, zero, no zero... could not get anywhere. 

Had another person on Reddit who had issues with his UK number, might be a an issue shared across UK numbers. You could get a "burner" number (doesn't even have to be Chinese) and potentially change the number later. In the almost 2 years of using this app I have yet to use my phone number again.

Screenshot_20201107-144318.thumb.jpg.f79cf49c292d422b56db08e9dc863c65.jpg

The new functionality you should all give a try is the new "read along mode" 跟读练习 that comes with the classes. They allow you to test yourself in bursts/batches all while still making progress on the contents of the lesson. Especially as the AI-driven correction (智能纠音) parts of the app tend to give you words and characters at random.

• Like 1

I made a Subreddit for the 普通话学习 app and other content that is relevant to people that want to "perfect" their Chinese pronunciation. And maybe a post to gather referral codes for people who don't want to pay for the app. @jiaojiao87 I added yours to the list as well. If there any other people on this forums that'd like to see their referral code added for free 学币 then just comment on this thread (with your code).

In the past I was planning on posting more to this- thread, but seeing as there is a lack of genuine interest I kind of left it as it was.