Chinese-Forums

X1 Visa Question

Juni

X1 allows you for a residence permit so you come and go as you please.

So just go back to China , as long as your visa is valid no issues as far as I can see. However probably best to tick the "study /学习” box in the little yellow immigration slip at the airport.

Cant see what the issue is? 

First year of my X1 visa I came and left 7 or 8 times

6 hours ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

X1 allows you for a residence permit so you come and go as you please.

So just go back to China , as long as your visa is valid no issues as far as I can see. However probably best to tick the "study /学习” box in the little yellow immigration slip at the airport.

Cant see what the issue is? 

First year of my X1 visa I came and left 7 or 8 times

I understand that you can come and go as you want on a residence permit, but I am talking about going back not for studying and not applying for the residence permit, just traveling for 30 days.

4 hours ago, mackie1402 said:

Just curious how you got the 5 year X1 Visa with only 1 year of studying? I thought they only gave you a number of years to match the number of years required to finish your studying (such as 4 years if it was a degree)

I'm not sure either, I guess I choose it when I applied for the X1. From my understanding there's only 1 year and 5 year X1's, and it isn't matched with how long you will study there for.

2 hours ago, anonymoose said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do X visas state a length of stay per visit? I though it was one of those where you were expected to convert to a residence permit after entry into China.

You are supposed to. But I'm confused because mine is a 5 year multiple entry. My residence permit expired but they didn't mention if the actual X1 visa is cancelled or not.

18 hours ago, anonymoose said:

do X visas state a length of stay per visit?

I was also under the impression that the time stated is how long you have before you can convert to a residence permit, rather than how long you are allowed to stay.

Once you have the permit, you are allowed residence — obviously.  In the case of a student the time would be the length of your course.

I imagine (I don't know for sure) that once the conditions of your residency are no longer met... for example you're no longer a student... then it becomes invalid.

In any case, if all you want to do is come back as a tourist is that so hard?  An L-visa is the easiest of all to get.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:31 AM, Juni said:

I understand that you can come and go as you want on a residence permit, but I am talking about going back not for studying and not applying for the residence permit, just traveling for 30 days.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:25 AM, Juni said:

You are supposed to. But I'm confused because mine is a 5 year multiple entry. My residence permit expired but they didn't mention if the actual X1 visa is cancelled or not.

Oh I see, looking at my X1 visa now it just says 

Entries:1

Duration of each stay: 0 days

Enter before: 3 months after issue date (exact dates specified)

Remarks: Required to apply for residence permit within 30 days from date of entry

so in effect I had no number of years specified. Once I immediately applied for the residence permit the X1 xisa was no longer invalid (as regards the passport is concerned) Every subsequent year I renewed my residence permit hence I only ever had 1 X1 visa in my passport

I'd hazard a guess that you can't  come back on an x1 visa as the 30 days have long elapsed.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:28 AM, mungouk said:

In any case, if all you want to do is come back as a tourist is that so hard?  An L-visa is the easiest of all to get.

Mungouk suggestion seems like the easiest option. In anycase whatever we suggest here its a lot better to give the embassy in your country a ring and find out for sure, before you book flights!

16 hours ago, Flickserve said:
On 9/16/2019 at 1:28 AM, mungouk said:

It costs extra, right?

True, but for around USD $30 I would say it's well worth it to avoid the grief.