Chinese-Forums

China Horizons

11 hours ago, 889 said:

That's a dirty game creating a quote I didn't say.

Do you really belong on this board? If so, clean up that quote and apologize for the lie that I said it.

That was a direct translation of what your quote meant.  I don't see you disagreeing with me on that part.

10 hours ago, roddy said:

Rein yourself in there, 重大雷雨, please. 

I stand by my opinions and the level of respect with which I stated them.

14 minutes ago, Rufus said:

In regards to CH

After reading the totality of your posts, you have not at all convinced me that you are correct.  Sorry.

18 minutes ago, 重大雷雨 said:
32 minutes ago, Rufus said:

In regards to CH

After reading the totality of your posts, you have not at all convinced me that you are correct.  Sorry.

@重大雷雨 you have the right to believe what you choose to believe. I believe if you spent time living in China as many of us in this forum have, your views on this matter would evolve and change. 

• Like 3

On 10/20/2019 at 3:47 AM, 重大雷雨 said:

Your post is very strange.  It is riddled with holes and reads like an ultra-biased propaganda piece.

You lowered the reputation of your arguments by that action on the quote. 

Oh no,  I've really done it now!    

Never dare to disagree with people or think for yourself.

You will most certainly offend people and we can't have any of that!

6 hours ago, Flickserve said:

You lowered the reputation of your arguments by that action on the quote. 

What did you really expect my response to be? 

I was accused of extorting background information by bullying, then 889 had the audacity to play the victim when I pointed out its hypocrisy.

9 hours ago, Rufus said:

@重大雷雨 you have the right to believe what you choose to believe. I believe if you spent time living in China as many of us in this forum have, your views on this matter would evolve and change. 

That is the third time you have said that?  Of course.  I should have expected.  The only reason I could possibly ever have disagreed with you is because I have not attained your undisputed, superior level of enlightenment.   I genuflect myself before you, my lord and better.

1 hour ago, 重大雷雨 said:

Never dare to disagree with people or think for yourself.

It's not that.

You asked for validation and can't take that it didn't confirm what you wanted. 

A member has left us and we are currently enjoying a moment of silence for the departure. Someone will be along shortly to clean up the thread but I ask that we perhaps don't waste our precious brain juices typing out further responses to the deceased. You may of course hand write the messages on joss paper and burn it outside. 謝謝你的配合

• Like 3

Just a couple of observations. I know nothing about this particular company or this particular case. 

On 10/18/2019 at 3:53 AM, 889 said:

I see there are a few other places that operate on the "pay us and we'll send you to China to teach" formula. Was CH an outlier in not going by the book, or are there potential problems with some of these other places as well?

It's all about the visa. If you get your work visa and residence permit, you're fine. If you're not, something somewhere is dubious. The fact that companies using this model tend to recruit the youngest and least qualified teachers, and charge them for the privilege, should tell you all you need to know. Avoid. China is no longer a destination for the unqualified gap-year / working holiday teacher. 

On 10/21/2019 at 7:37 AM, 重大雷雨 said:

I would not be surprised if CH had come to an agreement with government officials that was perfectly acceptable and legal in the years before this. 

If that was the case, there would be proper visas involved. The visa regs will, every time I've had cause to read them, have a 'subject to local conditions' clause at the end, and if a primary school in the fifth-tier town of Dabian wants to go to the authorities and ask to employ an under-qualified teacher, that's fine. We had a member a few years back describe this exact situation - a small town waiving work experience requirements. But crucially, this would go the proper visa route. Doing it on a tourist visa isn't acceptable and legal, it's the locals turning a blind eye. Which is all good fun, until the school falls out with the police, or an illegal teacher three towns over gets arrested and the province demands a crackdown, or... whatever.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1