Chinese-Forums

getting new visas while blacklisted

nastia

• New Members

Hello,

I left the school where I was teaching for a few days to see my mother back home who is very sick.
The person in charge of foreign teachers basically hates anyone who dares asking for basics elements in the contract such as visas refunds,
and wants to blacklist me when cancelling my working permit and resident permit.

I am also married to a Chinese citizen.
Would this blacklisting have any consequences on my abilities to get touristic visas or family visas/resident permit ?

thanks 

Depends on the person probably. A lot of what you hear about blacklisting seems far fetched. 

They could make it hard for you to get hired in your city/town/province. They could try get you blacklisted there. 

More  realistic than being blacklisted would not giving you a release letter. Without that you won’t be able to get another legal job very easily. 

I’d find a way to smooth things over if I were you. 

Nastia,

I have heard that all of this can be a problem only if you try to get a new visa while you are in China, but not if you try to get a new visa while you are outside China. (I have heard a letter of release is required if you want to get a new visa while in China, but is not required if you want to get a new visa while outside China.)

And, as ChTTay has said, many of these visa problems are limited to the local area. (I do not think provinces keep track of visa problems in other provinces.) The best thing to do is to apply for a new visa and see what happens.

8 hours ago, NinjaTurtle said:

I have heard that all of this can be a problem only if you try to get a new visa while you are in China, but not if you try to get a new visa while you are outside China

I’ve not heard this before but would be better for the OP! 

12 hours ago, 889 said:

I don't know how much work experience you have, but in an awful lot of countries if the boss needs you there on the job and you leave for a few days no matter the reason, then don't be surprised if the job isn't there when you return. That's life.

Did we read the same post?   From what I can tell, that was not at all the situation the OP was describing.

12 hours ago, 889 said:

I don't know how much work experience you have, but in an awful lot of countries if the boss needs you there on the job and you leave for a few days no matter the reason, then don't be surprised if the job isn't there when you return. That's life.

Depends on the reason for requesting leaving (sickness, family emergency etc) and nature of contract (zero hours, permanent position) etc Employment law is pretty strong in EU countries at least and really favours employees. In fact it's can be quite a costly exercise  in professional setting to get rid of someone. Lawyers have to be consulted . However China is a different kettle of fish! 

The initial sentence had no relation to the rest of the post? I think we were meant to link her absence from work (which she apparently felt was justified) with the problems she's having with her employer. Why else did she add it?

And my message is, if you walk off the job when the boss says no, don't be shocked or amazed when there are problems down the road.

• Like 1

The initial sentence as well as the comment about the boss hating anyone who dares asking suggests to me a reality check is in order about what work is like, especially in China and especially since the OP apparently wants to continue to work in China. You either accept China's a very the-boss-is-the-boss type of society or you look for work elsewhere.

If you see someone blindly walking out into traffic you're going to call out to them, whether they asked for help crossing the street or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 889 said:

If you see someone blindly walking out into traffic you're going to call out to them, whether they asked for help crossing the street or not.

Right, if I saw it before the damage was already done I probably would have. If  I saw someone who had already walked out into traffic and been hit by a car, though, my response probably wouldn't have been "you asked for it".

• Like 1

Have you even left this job yet? 

If not, just stay and smooth things over then the problem goes away.

If you have left then you need to try anyway to get a new visa - regardless of which - so let us know how that goes! 

19 hours ago, 889 said:

You are making some major assumptions.

I would let evolution take its course as nature intended.

11 hours ago, nastia said:

I wonder if this employer would be able to blacklist me on a way which would prevent me from getting a family visa/resident permit (my spouse is Chinese and I had a family resident permit before) 

I really can't see how they have that's sort of control or influence. 

• Like 1