Chinese-Forums

Could we have a sub-forum for Post-HSK discussions?

Weyland

11 hours ago, imron said:

learning from word lists is one of the most inefficient ways to study new vocabulary (in terms of increased understanding of text)

I know, and am aware. These word list are the content of the 普通话学习app which I use as a tool to improve my pronunciation. I have always neglected the pronunciation of words as I'm more of a visual type that has an easy time remembering the meaning behind characters. I need to type up these wordlists so I can put them in a ziplock back and take 'm with me to the pool. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, Weyland said:
On 10/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, feihong said:

But maybe it’s not so hard to make your own set of flashcards?

It isn't. But I have other word lists I'm adding to Pleco.  Like the content of the 普通话水平测试, it's just that I'm assuming such a wordlist/flashcard has been made in the past. Learning traditional characters isn't a priority for me.

You're right though. I'm just waiting for something to land on my lap.

God is sneaky. He almost made me believe in him. Literally the same day I said it someone made the flashcard list

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, Weyland said:

As the HSK6 won't get your Chinese to a point where you can sit in on the Gaokao

No good example. 

The Chinese subject in China indicates Chinese, literature appreciation, essay reading and writing, classical poetry and classical Chinese literature. It's just a mis-translation of the term.