Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Suspension of studies?


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

Currently I am studying in a Chinese University as a 2nd year Masters under University scholarship. And I want to suspend my studies for a year. I would like to ask:

1)Can Masters student suspend his/her studies for a year in China?

2)What is the process for suspension of studies?

3)Can I suspend my studies from 2nd semester (the semester after winter vocation)?

4)How will it affect my scholarship?


I would be very glad your any reply


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

You asked a good question. But you asked the wrong person. You need to ask your university. Your university knows the rules, they can tell you yes or no. And if they say yes, they can tell you how exactly it works.


Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Usher said:

Did I asked something nonsense?


Yeah. Weird question. I also would have thought the first people to ask would be your department as you are physically there. They would have the most up to date information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While the OP obviously needs to ask the university at some point, it's very optimistic to assume the university, or at least front-line staff, will have a clue, especially with reference to scholarships. Researching the question in advance is very wise. 


The school might / should have regulations. Looking at the rules for Peking University (first I saw on Google) you need to apply to 暂停学业 or 休学 (temporarily stop /rest studies) but 保留学籍 (retain student status / registration), and you can't do it for more than a year. Look for the 第二十二条 in the linked document. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...